Agnostic.com

8 4

QUESTION Adding insult to injury...

For 50 years, we've known that Vietnam veterans were treated like crap both during and after their service to the U.S. military industrial complex. They have finally found a link between a parasite that these soldiers have been carrying all of this time and bile duct cancer, but not without denying coverage and assistance to hundreds if not thousands of deserving veterans first. It's appalling how our government acts like treating veterans decently is something to be political about. It makes me sick!

MsOliver 7 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's worrying quite how many generals and ex military Trump is putting into civilian government positions @Stevedevenish

Has anyone seen the documentary "Thank you for your service " ? It's about US military personnel suffering from PTSD .
Heart breaking stuff.

I've noticed a nasty legislative move in the US to get youngsters to sign up for their foreign wars for profit by offering them medical coverage and college education for free.
That is pretty sick.
I get lifelong medical in the UK without having to kill anyone!!
America has the most successful economy the planet has ever seen and yet you have citizens living in what look like third world conditions in trailer parks with kids !!
Why should your people have less than ours??
Don't you deserve better?
The children of Trump and Tillerson and Kushner have got lots of lovely medical coverage at your expense.
What the actual hell is going on in your country people?

I did not know this. Thank you for this information

have u been watching the doc on pbs. pretty damning stuff. seems like the presidents are all out to lunch ! teus. nights 900

I just read that. Seems like every wave of veterans have to struggle to get believed about service related illnesses and then struggle to get treatment

True caring about those who have served our country in the military is beyond the immoral ideology of the Republican Party and of the Trump cabal.

agreed It seems to spread beyond those guys ttoo

It makes me sick and is a sad fact of life, those who are poor are expendable to those who are rich. Let the rich live poor for a year and we all know their puffed up egos would change dramatically. Service to your country is a great thing, especially if it is actually in a just cause; sadly the just causes are normally smoke screens for both the rich and religious agendas. It is hardly surprising most of the world is jealous of and also hate America at the same time. It is clear that for all of our wealth our moral compass still has many centuries in order to catch up.

pbs just showed kerry's speech at the congressional hearings into the vietnam war. He pulled no punches when describing the dire tactics of urban guerrilla warfare

plus serving means you have been heavily indoctrinated [quite often with religious overtures] do you really want an automaton ruling you.?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4782
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.