Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Fox News reportedly fears its early downplaying of COVID-19 leaves it open to lawsuits

This is the result of Fox News sticking to a political script and talking points instead of fact checking to be sure their stories are correct. The people with the titles of "fact checkers" at Fox don't check the accuracy of facts, but only check to make sure they fit the republican talking points.

snytiger6 9 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh dear, I am so worried, at this time especially, about the threats that those terribly wealthy people who own fox news could be suffering under. ( That sentence may not be a verifiable fact. )

(don't know the exact reference) I remember a case in FL (their SC) where the ruling was, basically, not illegal for them [insert media name] to actually LIE.

I believer the case was a Fox network broadcast affiliate, and it was two reportrs who wanted to report on problems with a Monsanto product injecte4d into cows to cause them to produce more milk. The network demanded they rewrite the story in such a way that Monsanto would nto look bad, and told them to lie. The reporters refused to lie and they were fired. So, the reporters sued for wrongful dismissal, but the Florida courts (where the Fox affiliate station ws located), said that an employer could require employees to lie as a part of their job.

Monsanto has since sold the product to another company, and I dont' believe it is used in the U.,S. anymore.

It shoudl be noted that this was not Fox cable News, but a local broadcast over the airwaves affiliate. However, I suspect that those who insisted on reporters lying hoped to be moved to the Fox Cable news channel.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:478293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.