Agnostic.com

11 11

Teens charged with hate crimes for attacking a woman on a bus and saying she caused coronavirus, NYPD says

Horrifying.

"Teen girls were charged with hate crimes after police said they attacked a woman on a New York bus, made "anti-Asian statements" toward her and told her she caused coronavirus.

"Police said the four suspects attacked the 51-year-old victim on an MTA bus in the Bronx. They called her a expletive, said she caused coronavirus and asked her why she wasn't wearing a mask, NYPD Lt. Thomas Antonetti told CNN.

"One of the suspects struck the woman's head with an umbrella before all four of them fled the bus, police said.

"The woman received stitches for a cut on her head at a local hospital, the NYPD said in a statement."

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Scared people do stupid things.

These thugs would use anything as an excuse to assault an innocent person. Savage animals.

These girls are psychos, they should be institutionalized in the loony bin.

Those teen girls are dangerous psychopaths. They should be compulsorily institutionalised, and released only when they are no longer a threat to the public.

At the feet of Dumpy!

I wish they could also charge the teens with assault, ignorance, and stupidity. Were the teens wearing a mask? Probably they were just bullying.

Trump is causing this by what he says and allows in this hard time. People need to stop taking what he says as normal and call him out on it for every single incident of this kind. Why? Because it is not normal. He is promoting hatred and fear.

Trumph ,should be name as a co conspirator in everyone of there attachs that got to trial

That's Trumps handy work and general fear at work.

Can this be? It seems alien to me.

Be glad it is alien to you, but his kind of idiocy, bigotry, fear and hate has been simmering in the dark underbelly of "the Greatest Nation in the Fucking world!" forever.
One example, years ago, teens, maybe girls, set fire to an older fellow's beard on the NYC subway...probably thought he was Jewish, or maybe he was obviously so, in Orthodox clothing, I do not recall.
Some say that the world is made of atoms, I beg to differ, it is made of stupidity...you can see it wherever you look.

I have a Japanese friend in New York City and she has been yelled at and chased by idiots. Fortunately she's a fast runner.

Too bad, she does not have the skills other stereotypes would give her along with the ability to beat the shit out of every one of them.

And you thought the days of witch hunting were long gone in the past.

That skill has just been revived, we are on our way to the 1200s.

Assholes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:481040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.