Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Hundreds of U.S. Meat Workers Have Now Tested Positive for Virus

This might be a really good time to think about not eating meat, at least for a while.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, I'll stick with my locally sourced meats, thanks. Lucky for me I stocked up before all this AND the local Co-op will be doing curbside and delivery sometime next week.

Heat it in the microwave, in slices no thicker than one inch, until the outside is hot. Microwaves tend to cook from the inside outwards.
Now you can grill or fry it safely, as the virus gets "killed" (actually it is rendered ineffective. Viruses are not "alive" ) by temperatures above 65 degrees (150f) for longer than about 5 minutes. Higher temperatures work more rapidly.
I always pre-cook sausages this way, before the traditional grill/fry that gives them their taste.

@Petter Mom's a former nurse. She's given me the whole lecture 🙂

@JayOleck38 of course she did..that's what moms do..

@Charlene Well, even SHE admits how silly it is that we have to do this now in this new normal of ours. She and dad have even offered me the chance to live in her office at home for the time being, but I think we'd end up killing each other (we are polar opposites of cleanliness.) But I am keeping my food and apartment clean.

Looks like well done pork & beef..for awhile..😥

Had you grown up on the equator, in Africa, you would have developed a taste for well done meat and fish. It was either that or catch all sorts of nasty bugs.

@Petter I've eaten bugs before. Thailand. They sell deep fried bugs in restaurants and on the side of the street. You can eat anything deep fried.

@JayOleck38 I'd eat live ants and flies as a child, even used a stick to pick them up..lol

@JayOleck38 I don't mean bugs as in insects. "Bugs" as in parasitic worms, cholera, etc.
@Charlene I must confess to enjoying raw flying ants and sautéed locusts.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:483468
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.