Agnostic.com

6 5

All of my dreams have potentially come true!

(I'm not endorcing this, hypothetically, however, this wouldn't at all do anything but make me happy.) 😁

Researches Say Social Distancing May Need To Happen Until 2022

[forbes.com]

SeaGreenEyez 9 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmm... I would mostly like this if it were just slightly less restrictive. Specifically, I'd like my nonhousehold immediate family to be able to come and go.

Nothing has changed much for me with this virus, other than I no longer have to see my Mom and go out to eat once a week. And nothing will really change after the confinement, other than at some point I will have to go back to seeing mom several times a week.

If anyone thinks this is just going to one day be suddenly over they are deluded to a Tumpesque level of doolally tap.
In the absences of a vaccine or a cure this disease will require social distancing to be the norm for some years, with periodic nation and local lock downs when and where necessary.
Bare in mind we do not have cures for all sorts of viral infections from AIDS to the common cold despite decades of study and experimentation.
This disease is something we will literally have to live with, for some time.
"What cannot be cured must be endured" Robert Burton The Anatomy of Melancholy

🤣 Trump has become like the word “fuck”. It can be used to describe so many things in so many ways. Trumpism for lie, Trumplican for blind followers and now your Trumpesque for dimwitted thought process. I love it! 👍

"There are still many things we don’t understand about SARS-CoV-2, like immunity; if immunity to the virus isn’t permanent, it is more likely to become an illness that regularly circulates through the population like the flu."

I know how you hate the comparison of Covid-19 with the flu.

@SeaGreenEyez I'm not here to argue your point of them being different. I quoted from your article. I'm not the only one that makes the comparisons.

@SeaGreenEyez I'm not sure why you think I avoid the facts. I do talk about facts that you are not interested in hearing. I believe there is a difference there.

I didn't misquote.

I believe there will be much worse in the future.

I already like to keep social contacts minimal, yet social distancing may put a cramp in my lifestyle. I do feel compelled to get away from the usual, so I don't know how I will react to that limitation. Hopefully in a wonderfully creative way.

And Anderson Cooper (CNN) just said this should make introverts happy, while claiming to be one. Ha! He said introverts will just prefer to have Zoom relationships (sorry, not THIS introvert). I may be happy to live on a hill in a rural mountainous area of West Virginia beyond the cell signal, but social distancing just sucks. I'll be more selective about crowds, be delighted to not attend business lunches and dinners and relish the excuse to stay away from other group functions... but I do like some people, like to dance and would miss meeting new people. I'll work around it.

@SeaGreenEyez I've discovered that it's a LOT easier to pick-out the introverts from the rest of the world of late. The introverts are all, like, "So?". No difference in their lives... but that maybe they don't have a job anymore. But they're fine w/o the meetings, required lunches, crowds, etc. Introverts never get tired of being home alone... we always have things we like to do. And that's part of why I moved to the mountains of WV 20-years ago for. But not being able to meet people, being worried about being on the road without an emergency of some sort... that's a gonna really suck before too long. The extroverts will all break quarantine and many get themselves a good case of Corona (not the beer). The thing is, I enjoy spending time with (select) other introverts... but we can't. Yeah, I'd usually rather email than phone. Zoom, no way. Maybe later.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:484847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.