Agnostic.com

14 7

Darwin Awards- Conservative idiots protest Michigan stay-at-home order.

Idiots, all. Guns, Confederate flags, Trump campaign flags, "Don't Tread on Me" signs. They blocked emergency vehicles, and people going to work at the hospital.

"Lock her up!" they chanted about Michigan's Governor Gretchen Whitmer. Gleefully attacking a woman in power.

The protest — dubbed "Operation Gridlock" — was organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition and the Michigan Freedom Fund, a DeVos family-linked conservative group. Protesters were encouraged to show up and cause traffic jams, honk and bring signs to display from their cars. Organizers wrote on Facebook: "Do not park and walk — stay in your vehicles!"

Many ignored the demand. Demonstrators, on foot, were seen waving American, "Don't Tread on Me" and Trump campaign flags. At least two Confederate flags were spotted.

"Can people PLEASE stay in their cars, and if they get out, to wear masks and practice social distancing?" one Facebook user posted. "The statists will use any excuse to discredit the protest, so please don't give them a freebie."

"The guys on the steps of the (Capitol) are putting this protest backwards," another wrote. "Now we are going to be portrayed as far right extremist. Thanks allot jerks...Stay in your dam car and put the freaking rifles away...You're going to ruin this for everyone!"

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You can't fix stupid. An unfortunate number of people just are not mentally equipped to deal with an insidious threat, and they will just magnify the danger for everyone. The cynical manipulation these same folks receive from RWNJ propagandists just adds fuel to the fire.

These are the people in this combination Michigan protest / Trump Rally.

@mtnhome

Get the hook. Idiots, all.

@LiterateHiker And they were ARMED to the teeth, sidearms, rifles and the nastier stuff. Can you imagine if someone accidentally discharged their weapon? Then Trump starts with the "LIBERATE VIRGINIA" and other Dem states Tweets. Virginia is a powder keg with the new gun regs. There's likely going to be gunfire at these things soon. Just takes one nut case to start a damn war. I hope all of our Progressive friends stay away and don't offer themselves up as the obvious targets.

@mtnhome

Good point. It's horrifying.

My son lives in Michigan and is working on the "front line" as a produce stocker at Target. He's a little nervous these days when an unmasked patron with a MAGA hat ignores protocol and taps him on the shoulder to ask when the next shipment of toilet paper is due in.

Darwin awards for sure!

Problem is, in addition to voting and breeding, they exhale. There may always be a segment of society that will remain willingly ignorant ingrates and social Neanderthals, and think that they may do whatever they wish, irrespective of their actions upon the lives of others.
"No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main"
John Donne

[thailandmedical.news] I just read this full article from a post below and if this is fully true or even partially we are in for one of a hell of a long ride

When they fall ill let them treat themselves, without any sort of evil government help. Like, you know, trained doctors, or medicine produced in a federally regulated facility.

When they fall ill, let them not breathe on others!

The Raleigh NC Police Department broke up a protest last week & tweeted out "Protests are not essential activities."

Maybe we can encourage more of those. 😉

Suicidal morons

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 16, 2020

I just read the full article from the Thailandmedical news WOW if this is all true or even partially we are in for one hell of a long ride

@RoyMillar no kidding

Saw a news article where they were mentioning the mutations of the Corvid-19 virus. I did further research and found this: [thailandmedical.news]
I know this may not be on topic but if stupid people want to do stupid things perhaps reading this will make you laugh or cry.

We're gonna catch a wabbit!
We're gonna catch a wabbit!

SMDH 🤦🏽♀️

Quoting from the Washington Post editorial on this very subject:

"The irony, of course, is that what’s being protested is, in broad strokes, what Trump himself has advocated at the state level: efforts to reduce interactions and, therefore, limit the spread of the virus.

What’s noteworthy is that the original order appears to have had an effect. The goal of stay-at-home orders is to limit person-to-person transmission of the virus. Since it can take two weeks for symptoms of the virus to appear, it’s generally assumed that the effects of limiting interactions will be seen about two weeks after those limits were put in place.

Data compiled by Johns Hopkins University show that about two weeks after the March 23 order, the number of confirmed cases in the state each day began to drop. A few days later, the number of deaths from covid-19, the disease caused by the virus, did, as well. In recent days, though, those figures have moved back up.

One conservative group supporting the protest, Michigan Freedom Fund, used that drop as a rationale for rescinding the order. This is a false dichotomy. Rates of infection are dropping almost certainly because of the stay-at-home order. As we’ve seen elsewhere, the effectiveness of a measure to contain the virus is being used as a rationale for revoking the measure."

Or, to put it in a nutshell: They're tired of being safe, they want to go back to getting sick.

It's a mad, mad world

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces"

@p-nullifidian

@gigihein Oooh, sad Disney ... hadn't seen that one. This remix video seems to fit the song as well, if not the times.

@p-nullifidian I know. Didnt notice it but loved the song and artist

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485313
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.