Agnostic.com

4 2

The Bitter Disappointment of No Biscuits

In the world in which we now live, the only way a person like me, who doesn't bake, doesn't have a stocked up kitchen, doesn't have a bunch of utensils or bowls or pots and pans, and moreover has no room for such because of the tiny kitchen in the tiny bachelor apartment in which he lives (and furthermore can't be bothered to bake stuff for just me in the first place), gets to eat good, fresh restaurant baked goods- for instance, biscuits- is to order them.

And so, when I pay $2.99 for a side of biscuits with my breakfast, then discover there are no biscuits in the bag, I am bitterly disappointed. I had my taste buds all set for biscuit.

(That reminds me of an old punchline; "That's funny, I had it set for quail." Now I have to look that up.)

A phone call to the very helpful Amanda at Bob Evans got a refund set in motion, but what it didn't get me was biscuits. How hard is biscuits? All I wanted was my side of biscuits. Maybe for someone to dash across town with a delivery of biscuits.

I am still bitter over the biscuits. The biscuits were a lie.

Paul4747 8 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The biscuits available to me were more calorie-laden than toast, so I switched to toast.

Best item on the menu IMHO. Bummer.

JGal Level 7 Apr 16, 2020

Geez, I'd think biscuits would be one of their staples ... how disappointing. Are they permanently out?

No, no- they just forgot to put my order in the bag!

@Paul4747 Well, shoot, that sucks! Another sad compromise to the time of covid. 😟

@Lauren Yes indeed. Gone, for now, are the days when one could flag down a passing server and say, "Excuse me, I ordered a side of biscuits," and get the reply, "Oh, I'm sorry, I'll bring those right away!"

@Paul4747 Such a small thing, and yet so good to look forward to. May the rest of your day improve greatly.

Hugs, baby!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485462
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.