Agnostic.com

4 3

Joe moving kinda slow

Bikes4Fish 7 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yet another Republican Mole

Varn Level 8 Apr 17, 2020

The republicans must have vast resources to be able to plant all of these moles. They're everywhere.

@RoboGraham They do. Know any?

Have a friend they attempted to recruit several elections cycles back. Even he was shocked! But he’s good, too good. I suppose it’s quite the compliment 😕 By the way, what’s it’s pay?

@Varn

And you say that Tom is the one living in a fantasy world.

Oh the irony.

@RoboGraham Tom, who 😀

@Varn

Goldfish Memory?

@RoboGraham ..least you make me laugh 🙂 ..that guy was depressing 😟

@Varn

At least he's capable of having a substantive discussion. Unlike this guy I know who, get this, truly believes that all the progressives who are disappointed by the Biden nomination are actually paid GOP agents. He must be living in a corporate news fog.

@RoboGraham Disappointment's one thing, prolonged damaging attacks are another. These are the same tactics used by russian trolls last time around! There’s nothing to ‘promote’ with regard to the disaster they’re enabling (trump & his R’s), so they create & stoke a divisive fire between the coalitions necessary to elect an alternative. It’s simple, cheap - and apparently (still) works 😕

It also has a piling on effect, and gives angry purists the feeling ‘they’re doing something’ … if all that something is is splitting the vote necessary to remove true evil.

Here’s what I’ve done; advocate for my preferred primary candidate. This time, equally hard for nearly everyone.. Then suck it up - and promote the person Democrat’s were willing back. Once he/ she’s in office (likely done more for female candidates in my day than men) - apply direct pressure before critical votes. That’s as good as it gets..

I’ve not scoured your profile, and not even a photo here, so don’t know much about you, but suspect you're far younger than me.. Damn, I’ve been there! Voted Green, voted for Nader… I’m an Atheist Warrior - we know the score! We also know, we’re fuckin outnumbered… probably always will be.. So the best we can do is the best the majority can do.

I remember stopping at some progressive protest in a large city … I’ve lived rural so long, they’re all large. Pulled over - like a magnet - to join in! They were great, and thrilled to have ‘made contact’ with someone from the hinterlands.. Then, I began to tell just what it was like in my neck of the woods -- they were chilled to the bone.. Sure, I’d hung out with our 99%er’s on many a cold rainy night in our only ‘progressive town,’ but you didn’t paste bumper stickers on your vehicle promoting anything but god & guns. “Pickup & Shotguns” was the actual ‘canvasing demographics’ for my area … don’t know how Big Dogs got left out..

What I’m getting at is, this is a massive and diverse nation. The split, though fed and encouraged, is unfortunately real. What plays in Vermont doesn't in Idaho.. I’d trek into my hometown of Portland (OR), after it ‘gone weird,’ and feel I was on the ‘Bernie Bus’... They had no tolerance for anything less, still don’t! Then I’d trek back home to the hills … volunteering as a Democratic Vote Monitor (total vote by mail!). F!
The worst were the ‘military votes’ arriving from over seas.. 85 to 90% hardcore Republican.

The city folk had no idea… perhaps still don’t, but though Oregon’s now Blue - with my help - the nation isn’t.. Neither is my new neighborhood. We had an ultra progressive (Bernie guy) run for US Congress. The ultra libs were wetting their pants ..so I helped. Blown away! Lesson, yet again; if the candidate doesn't fit the district, or the nation - it loses…

OK, and I’ve said this elsewhere, and so have others - if there were ever a dog-damn time for someone like Sanders to be elected - this would likely be it.. But, the same forces pushing his desires are not going away, this guy Biden is still a politician, and if he’s given a Democratic Senate & House - he’ll ‘go to town!’ But - he’s got to get there!

Do the Bernie Bros think the damage they cause (and it’s damaging - ask Hillary) will in some way cause him to… what? Bend their direction? After he’s lost - or Democratic Voters are discouraged to the point they (as with Hillary) sit on their hands..? Is it viewed as intimidation, provocation, or the behavior of sore losers?

If I didn’t care, I sure as shit wouldn’t be here. Hopefully, the same with you ~

[salon.com]

Joe does not have my vote just b/c he’s not Trump. He’s got to come get it. Otherwise, I’m not casting a vote for president. He’s stated firmly that nothing will fundamentally change if he’s elected. I believe him. My view is that our country desperately needs fundamental change and that means: Universal single-payer health insurance, universal higher education, end the perpetual wars, a guaranteed living wage and sick leave, enforce antitrust laws, tighter borders, slavery reparations, outlaw guns, and redistribute income and wealth more equitably across the entire society. Biden is not on board for any of that. Plus, he appears to have declined cognitively to an alarming degree.

@Varn

Some of that sounds somewhat compelling. But I'm going to give you what you have always given me- I've read enough of your shit 😉

@Bikes4Fish

I completely agree. Except for the banning of guns. And I will definitely be voting, not for Joe or Donald.

@Bikes4Fish I’m sorry you haven’t paid better attention, if for the last several decades. Biden would/ will fulfill (most of) your dreams - given a solid Democratic Congress. Apparently, you don’t understand the ACA (affordable care act)? The Republicans did - it leads to single payer health care for all US citizens … but one had to have been involved, and paying close attention when it was formulated..

“Earning your vote?” I don’t recall you on either of those split stages 😉 Revolution sounds good to those with little to lose. Fortunately, the bulk of one party knows better.. But what I’m noticing ..is that it takes some mighty weak people to avoid the enemy ..while attacking their own 😟

@RoboGraham ...I’ll give ya that, though, suspect you waded deeper into mine than I did yours 🙂

@Varn When did your boat set sail for fantasy island? Nothing you wrote is true or makes any sense (and your use of emojis does not help).

@Bikes4Fish OK, you’ve a closed mind.. Little I can do about that ~ go fish 😉

@Bikes4Fish

Varn loves his goofy emojis. They are a critical part of his obnoxious personality.

@RoboGraham Have you no redeeming qualities 😕

@Varn

Have you any?

Other than your excellent ability to belittle and push away the people you expect to automatically agree with you even though you don't provide any convincing arguments to persuade them to do so?

Look out, the Biden Bros will be arriving shortly to call you a Russian troll bot.

The Biden Bros., as well as the DNC, can blow me...

You two a tag-team..? Yur pal ‘mcgiverson’ vanished 😀

@Varn

Vanished?

@RoboGraham Ran off! ...hiding from reality 😉 Guess it’s safer to lob turds from behind a fence.. Honestly, the guy struck me as a weirdo, no loss ~

@Varn

Meaning, he doesn't want to hear your BS and pompous condescension?

That makes sense. You are very difficult to suffer.

@RoboGraham Yah … reality can be brutal 😀 Best remain in his (I think it’s a he) fantasy world ~

@RoboGraham Bueller? Bueller? Either Varn blocked me or vice versa, Robo, but I don't miss him..

@TomMcGiverin

I hear that. The guy is obnoxious to the extreme. And supremely full of himself.

I've gotten to the point where I do not attempt to actually converse with him. We basically just trade insults.

@RoboGraham Suit yourself. I've gotten to where I just block as soon as someone annoys me more than once...maybe it's all the encouragement to social distance...

@TomMcGiverin

That would be easier.

Thing about blocking though is that it doesn't just block them from seeing you, you can't see what the other person is saying, right?

He is saying that you ran away and that you're a weirdo. If he was saying that about me, I'd want to be able to see it and then set his dumb ass straight.

@RoboGraham You are correct. I can't see what he writes and I don't care. He can blow me as far as I'm concerned. I am not afraid of him, much as he may like to think that to stroke his ego. He is not worth my time or effort to engage with. I'll let the other members of the forum make up their own minds about me and, even in that regard, I am not concerned. His dumb ass, as you say, is beyond setting straight...

@TomMcGiverin

That's true, it's useless to try.

For the US Senate, don't you remember Joe? That's what you said back in SC..

@Aurora62 Thank you very much. That was probably my best Biden joke so far.

Love this lololol. I’d post it on my Facebook page but it would bring out the haters. Don’t need the negative vibes...

Post it anyway, let the haters fuck off and die...

...no.. all you need is four more years 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485927
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.