Agnostic.com

10 2

Is there anyone else who wishes they could mocve from america to a sane, intelligent, progrsssive country? I'm just so disgusted with 'murca now I wish I could move to western europe, some scandinavian country, france even.

Techpriest 6 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No.
I just wish liberals would VOTE.
Always wanted to check out Perth, Australia, though.

Never, unless they come for me at night under the Patriot Act. Then I will die in a hail of bullets. I will vote until this madness is over. Get involved in saving freedom. Fascism will follow you. One must stop it here just as if it were a corona virus. HE let it in. You & I & us, are responsible for not letting the virus of fascism in. VOTE! DONATE! E MAIL your representatives. Do what democracy beckons you to do. We stooped the Vietnam War. We desegregated lunch counters. We legalized Same-sex- marriage. WE are responsible for OUR nation's direction.

@Fred_Snerd Absolutely. Some become expatriates such as Paul Robson & Josephine Baker. Some become collaborators like Coco Chanel. Some just need a vacation. Some pass the torch as I am doing. Great excuse to not be on the front lines of the current protests. Turn off the 24/7/365 news cycle until your strength returns....or not. Move to a more liberal, tolerant, progressive state. Live off of the grid like Ted Kuzinski, but don't make bombs & send them thru the mail.

Let's see if we can turn this one 1st.

It's our country, we need to make it the way we want it - let's own our shit and fix it - no one else will for us.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 18, 2020

Felt like I had that chance prior to my last relocation, and had done the research. But since, I’ve more often been glad I stayed in the USA.

We’re like the Wild West, for sure. But if you take care of yourself, you can nearly live off the excesses of others.. Not their garbage, but their wasted effort and suicidal ignorance. Difficult to perhaps impossible to explain, but I feel those from other shit-hole nations ‘get it.’

Then there’s the stubborn streak; why should I leave my nation to the undeserving? Me, flee, because of them? F - that -- I’d rather take a few with me 😉

Varn Level 8 Apr 18, 2020

We live in a great country. I like it here.

As a vet, I would not pick up a weapon again to defend what this country has become

Leetx Level 7 Apr 18, 2020

You probably wouldn’t be wanting to do that right now and I don’t know they would want you due to the health environment in USA.

Get a "prestige" degree, and build. up a big bank account, and you can move anywhere you want. And do it before age 45. Most countries won't take Americans in, unless they meet the above criterion.
As for me, having been here since 1638, I'm not going anywhere. My Revolutionary War ancestors would be ashamed!

I know what you mean but to do so is to capitulate to the right wingers who say- "This is America, you don't like it, you can leave."

Nice idea, but moving that far is a huge investment on every level. Latin Americans do it because their lives are in danger and they often have less-than-nothing to leave behind. And how do those more-progressive countries view Americans immigrating from our mess (tempted to use the word Trump used for undeveloped countries, but I won't), just to enjoy all their built-up Progressiveness? Maybe not so kindly. Think twice, make a few reconnaissance trips before the big garage sale.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486043
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.