Agnostic.com

2 0

Looking around the local area and found this. [earth.google.com]
Kind of hard to tell but I see these almost every week, when I talk about eating lunch near Elk these are them. If you back out you will see a marker for the shop north of this about a quarter mile.

dalefvictor 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. It's a new system.
I downloaded Google Chrome and clicked on your link.
It took me to a stationary view of the earth and stars with nothing you could click on.
I looked at Overbay Houseworks, but I didn't get to any Elk.
I feel extremely ignorant about Google Earth now.

Me too.

Sorry, if you are looking at the same view as I then go back to the shop enlargen the view and there is the shop and then to the south, there is a road, if you follow the road to the left it curves from right to left to going south. At the intersection turn right, left on the view and follow that just a little to an imaginary line straight south of the shop. There is a large field between this road, old highway 101 and the tree line. There are some dots in that field if you go in you will see what is actually a herd of Elk, at one time there were about 85 Elk in this herd. I do not know how many are in this herd, but they are Roosevelt Elk, a slightly larger species of Elk than the tye in the Rockies. Beautiful animals, I think there are pictures of these on my site are here. I thought it was interesting that they were there. There are about six herds of these critters here and occasionally they decide to cross the highways, one can always tell as traffic comes to a stop just to watch and take pictures.

@dalefvictor
I couldn't open up the virtual viewing of an area.
I imagine it is amazing if you can get it to open and to work like that.

@AnonySchmoose Does the area come into view with dots in a field?

@dalefvictor
Here is what I see when I go to google earth. [earth.google.com]

I see google earth with dark starry sky and curvature of the part of the earth like from a satellite and there's no place to click or to insert any address for the shop, I don't see a way to get to the shop, the elk or the dots in a field even though chrome is open and I click on your link. No experience using chrome which was suggested when I first clicked on your link, because I normally use safari as a browser. Sorry. Google earth doesn't seem to give an explanation of how to use it.

@AnonySchmoose I learned a lot doing this. Thanks for allowing me to do this. I hope this works. The spots are Elk. I think I have other pictures of them on my main page here. In the column of pictures on the page the center column, six down is the field from the road at the bottom of the google earth picture.

@dalefvictor
Thanks, I still haven't seen what is wonderful about google earth. Sorry ....
On another subject, is Overbay Houseworks a business you are involved in?

@AnonySchmoose I have worked there four eighteen years Have helped with almost every job that the shop has completed. Why do you ask, if you have any woodworking questions I would be happy to answer?

@AnonySchmoose If you can look at Overbay Houseworks on Facebook you can see more of our work along with the shop itself,

@dalefvictor
Thanks. I saw many photos on Houseworks' website, and they are impressive to me. What a joy it must be for you to have always been a part of that.

I do not subscribe to Facebook, mainly because I already have other ways to stay in contact or search for information.

I once had a goose chase a deer (got too close to the goslings) out of my back yard (suburb of Mpls). 😮 😛

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486049
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.