Agnostic.com

10 13

Finished sewing my jacket at last!

What do you think?

To make the buttonhole, I had to get my sewing machine fixed. The buttonhole lever popped out of place when I lowered it. A repairman fixed it. He said it was a manufacturer's defect.

To stop fraying, I did Hong Kong seam finishing throughout. Love it.

To my surprise, the denim fabric was too stiff for hemming. To soften the denim, I soaked the jacket in two cups of white vinegar and water, and then washed it. Beat it up with tennis balls in the dryer.

Then I could hem it. Glad to get it done! It will soften as I wash and wear it.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You look stunning in it,,you certainly can be proud of your self for doing this

@RoyMillar

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words.

Yesterday moved the buttonhole because the jacket was too baggy.

good for you ,you like perfection to a certain extent and are proud of the way you look in your clothes

@ToolGuy, @Deb57, @RoyMillar, @biskutmkr1947, @Spinliesel, @BudFrank, @Petter, @mcgeo52, @Freedompath, @@Fit-50something

Many of you asked for a photo of me wearing the jacket. Ask and you shall receive.

The bottom got a bit rumpled during picture-taking. I made sure the hem was even.

Lovely, as usual. Nice jacket, too.

Beautiful. The dark tan shirt underneath is a perfect contrast. Now on to the next project, Literate Hiker!

Looks great! You do too

@Spinliesel

Are you colorblind? The shirt is fuschia aka deep pink.

@LiterateHiker Not color blind but losing my vision from lifetime diabetes. Yesterday I had to take a document to my daughter's to tell me if I signed in the right place ( yellow highlighter on a white background is quite invisible to me.)

Looking fabulous!

@Deb57, @biskutmkr1947

Thank you! I appreciate you both.

@Fit-50something

How sweet. Thank you!

That is lovely and a perfect fit! 😍

@Freedompath

Thank you, dear. I tailored it to fit me.

It's very nice. Well done!

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 19, 2020

Beautiful ,you certainly do know all the tricks ,The inside is gorgeous also ,can you wear it inside out or is it already reversable

Oh, that is lovely. Well done. Can we see it on you?

@Spinliesel

Will try to get a photo taken today.

Great job!

You do realise, I hope, the social damage you are doing by not supporting the clothing sweat shop industries of countries like Bangladesh?

If you happen to have enough of the fabric left, it would make a good face mask, once you soften it up enough.

NICE job! 😍

Nice work, but there's no picture of you modeling the finished product. That's always the best part of these updates.

@Fit-50something

I'll try to get someone to take my picture wearing it. Thanks.

@LiterateHiker ..... Taken from a sensible, law abiding distance, of course.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.