Agnostic.com

11 2

Does this change your opinion about voting for Joe Biden?

[nymag.com]

EllenDale 7 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never vote

it's not just America either

Not a bit. It has the opposite affect. If he wins I hope it's true(I doubt it), it's encouraging to me. Biden wasn't in my top five choices to begin with. But he's now the guy.

No.

No, I've always liked him, despite his less-than-perfect record.

Here's the thing about Biden's progressive promises, I don't trust that he will fight for them, and we need a fighter to get anything at all through. The small concessions he is willing to make to the left now are meaningless when his record and his donor list indicates that he will do otherwise.

I basically don't gove a rats ass about Bidens proposed platform, (or Bernies either, if people think theres a make believe better way). We have decades of evidence of how he acts under political pressure, and what sorts of things he will do when in an elected office. No politician ever has carried out even close to most of their campaign promises, and anything Biden claims about future policies that are actually 100% brokered by congress, is BS on a good day.

So anyhow, Biden is a dinosaur whose ugly "moderate" politics is likely to haunt us for years if not decades to come. Trumps incompetence means at least some of his policies are easily fixed, even if the structural repeairs are quite costly, and the fallout to young people trying to make their way in the world, will be lifelong. But... the prospect of two more supreme court justices appointed by Trump, is enough to make me vote for Biden. Thats damage that can't be undone, no matter how "progressive" any future president claims to be.

No need for me to read it. Every minute that Donald Trump is pretending to be a president makes my vote for Joe Biden more solid and certain. There's ZERO chance I'd not vote for the Dem candidate in 2020.

Right on. And rather than ..screw around with those demeaning VP Biden - he’s got my vote, too -- as will every other Democrat on my ballot!

PINO trump!

As long as the opponent is Trump I'll vote for Joe. Never wanted Joe and would love to have been able to vote for someone else.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 20, 2020

Joe works well with others, give him a win - and a Congress (both Houses) to work with - and he’ll give us satisfied smiles 🙂

@Varn I'll be happy with not tearing my hair out this time next year.

Low bar and shit.

@1of5 i remember the very first night trump got sworn in, one of those really loud amber alerts went off on my phone in the middle of the night. . I was alrrady worried about n korea. And trump made friends w n korea, against all odds.

@MarkiusMahamius friends? I thought they were in love?

@1of5 everyone likes to be in a club, even if it's the evil dictator club

@MarkiusMahamius that is the hardest one to stay alive in. Little wonder they need the emotional support of each other.

Well, he's the Not-tRump candidate, that's the main thing. These platform possibilities are somewhat more liberal than I'd expected from him, but I have yet to feel much enthusiasm about his candidacy.

I can't bear the thought of four more years of Trump, so a Biden vote is a no brainer for me.

I will read it. But I loathe Donald Trump with every fiber of my being. I am voting for Joe.

Then you can read it for me, as we’ll be voting alike for President 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486955
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.