Agnostic.com

4 1

Should countries follow the New Zealand approach to decriminalizing sex work? Not legalize it with sanctions and rules but decriminalize it.

ToolGuy 9 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why not look at the Netherlands where it has been so for quite awhile?

@ToolGuy "decriminalization" makes me think of "don't ask, don't tell, namby-pamby avoidance that helps nothing but yet better than the alternative.

@AnneWimsey it can mean diff things in diff states. Legalized in QLD can mean it has to conform to particular laws eg, only one woman per premises while decriminalized in NT means no restrictions at all. Over here, decriminalized is a much better option.

@dave1459 no job is all roses, is it?

I didn't watch the video, but a couple of states in aussie have completely deregulated it with a couple still lagging. But isn't it about bloody time we stopped legislating on how women can use their bodies? Who would dare legislate around men's bodies but women have had to put up with controls on their access to the pill, abortions and on who and how they can have sex and what they accept for having sex. They can give it away, they can accept a gift, but not ask for a gratuity. What's next, how many people they can have sex with? What bullshit. Why are there any limitations at all?

Why not? It’s another industry.

Again it is NZ making positive moves to lead humanity forward unlike the blinkered and prejudiced attitudes of America and other Western cultures.

I suggest the world is going tits up and only Australia and New Zealand will emerge confident and committed enough to break out of the absurd neo-liberalist pre-Covid-19 doctrines.

We can only hope. Now if we can only persuade the kiwis to give us jacinda. They've given us a lot of rugby players and many of their citizens, so why can't we take her too? And get rid of that moron scomo

Excellent talk.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487139
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.