Agnostic.com

1 5

Leadership vacuum

This from The Boston Globe:

Flyingsaucesir 8 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There was never any leadership there from Day 1. Nothing matters anymore until we get to November. Then we have to endure the non-stop shit-storm until inauguration.

Assuming Trump is beat in November. Which, with Biden as nominee, isn't very likely.

@RoboGraham
Given Trump's fumbling of the pandemic, a Biden victory seems more likely every day.

@Flyingsaucesir

Biden has some massive problems of his own.

And his response to the virus recession has been lackluster at best.

@RoboGraham
Biden is not in charge (yet), this crisis is not on his watch, so I don't think you cannot rightly fault him.

@Flyingsaucesir

I don't fault him. The mess we are in falls on the shoulders of those in leadership.

He is attempting to replace Trump. He should be contrasting himself to Trump with a plan and a response of his own. He should be using his influence to call for action and all the things that the people need but are not receiving.

What has Biden done other than offer empty words? I don't see him advocating any big ideas, I hardly even see him speaking much at all. He should be front and center, leading the opposition. Where has he been?

@RoboGraham
Honestly, I think the smart play for Biden is to stand back, give tRump enough rope to hang himself. Let this next election be not a choice between two, but a referendum on one.

Biden already has a long track record in public service. For better or worse, we already know who he is. The next big step for him will be to pick/announce his VP. That will be somewhat consequential.

@Flyingsaucesir

That strategy worked when he was up against Bernie but that's because he has the liberal media and democratic establishment totally on his side. That won't help him much in the general.

I don't see how a candidate can win without campaigning vigorously. Democrats win with high turn out. He needs to be inspiring people as Obama did, he can't do that. With the way he is treating progressives and his unenthusiastic message of "return to normalcy" the vote will be suppressed, Trump will win.

In addition, we have the pandemic adding another variable. Clearly the people who have no issue with going out and ignoring the danger are the type who would vote republican. I think Trump's people will turn out for him while many democrats will decide that a vote for a lost cause like Biden isn't worth the risk. And they aren't going to allow mail in ballots. The democrats aren't even fighting for mail in ballots. you'd think that during a pandemic that is likely to cost them at the polls they'd want to make it so people can vote from home but I haven't seen them do much to make that happen.

Yes Biden has a very long record and that record, as I see it, is much more of a liability than an asset. And there is the credible sexual assault allegation.

He better have some rock star VP pick up his sleeve because he clearly doesn't have what it takes to win on his own merit.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487264
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.