Agnostic.com

4 2

There could be something in this article linking Covid-19 deaths to areas with historically high air pollution.

[theguardian.com]

incidentally, it makes a mockery of "good, clean coal"

Petter 9 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Weakened lungs will make the disease worse

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 21, 2020

It's very easy for me to understand that a weakened respiratory system makes people more susceptible to dying from a virus that attacks your lungs.

The reason there is pollution is Because of the population density.....this is an excellent example of how statistics can be manipulated to support BS

That was my first thought. Then I looked at figures for Barcelona versus Madrid. Barcelona is the commercial capitol of Spain, and has a far higher population. But it is laid out so well that therr is very little traffic congestion and ot has a widespread metro system. It is also on the coast, meaning that air pollution is lower than in Madrid. Madrid has a greater percentage of complications than Barcelona.
Then I considered Bergamo, in Northern Italy, versus Milan. Bergamo is far smaller, but has abysmal pollution. Milan has a lower percentage of complications.
Note, this has nothing to do with totals infected - merely the percentage who developed complications, the most severe of which is death.

@Petter interesting!

@AnneWimsey That's why I eventually decided to put the post up.

Yes, one of the highest and deadliest outbreaks in the US is where lots of chemical plants are located. To me it only makes sense. Since the local population is black and poor, no one in the government gives a good god damn.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487272
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.