Agnostic.com

7 0

What do you all think of WikiLeaks? Are they trustworthy?

Biblebeltskeptic 6 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wikileaks is bullshit. The information is unconfirmed and untraceable.

AFAIK, NONE of the encrypted files Chelsea Manning 'exfiltrated' from the military job (at the time) is unconfirmed/untraceable (convicted, served time).

Regardless whether you think it was wrong/right to do so, it is NOT bullshit.

Bitflipper’s motive is suspect. The people who made the info secret won’t confirm it and will remove the links that make it traceable.

Buncha rabble-rousing BS!!!!!!

. . . rabble rousing, and exposing wrong-doing, IMO is the whole point of whistleblowers. 😮

@FearlessFly no, making stuff up like pizzagate. Shame!

@AnneWimsey IIUC, Wikeleaks published the Podesta emails, but others started the "pizzagate" conspiracies.

@FearlessFly, the owner of Comet Pizza had a personal Instagram, which he deleted, in posting pictures with pedo slang in his comments. He used the hashtag "chickenlover". That is pedo slang for sexually attracted to kids.

@FearlessFly

@Biblebeltskeptic Can't read the small print. What is your point ?

@FearlessFly The owner referred to himself in pedo language.

I trust WikiLeaks more than I trust the government.

I don't know whether they are trustworthy. My gut tells me they are, but my stupid gut lies to me all the time. 🙄

In general, though, I'm in favor of exposing all the secrets.

I would exclude LEGITIMATE national security secrets from exposure.

@FearlessFly Who would decide a secret’s legitimacy?
Not people who are covering up mistakes they or their friends had made. How will you know who these people are?

A new medical specialty — diagnosing stupid guts!

I would not like a world where whistleblowers are not allowed. I think they are ever-more needed.

btw, as much as I liked Obama his record against whistleblowers was abominable.

The secretive US gov’t feared Americans would trust Wikileaks.

They seem to be pretty real. I've been reading some about the Podesta emails and Pizzagate. It first sounded like a conspiracy. And everything in Google says it is. But there are other sources outside of WikiLeaks to back some stuff up too. Hmmm...

Basic Critical thinking -

check your sources, are they reliable

Does another independent source corroborate

For whose benefit

Pizzagate: "pedophile ring in the basement of a strip-mall pizza place," when 30 seconds of public records search (online) at theBuilding Permit office would reveal the place is constructed on a concrete slab, no basement. Dumbness !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.