Agnostic.com

4 0

There are some people who minimize the seriousness of the COVID-19 outbreak by comparing it — without data, just Dunning-Kruger effects — to deaths from other causes. Here are some numbers. [businessinsider.com]

ToolGuy 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Informative & timely. Thanks!

The W model is very concerning. If this works out we are in for a rough year. And lots of more deaths. The stupid factor needs to be entered as a variable also.

We are a little ahead of you on the curve in the UK, and for a while last week Covid was killing more people, than all other causes put together, doubling the death rate.

Interesting. It puts the death rates in perspective to hear of it surpassing death from heart disease. Truly a large scale killer. "about 4.4% of those diagnosed with the disease dying from it." I think the death rate is lower than 4.4%, because the number of positive cases is much, much higher than the diagnosed number. I don't know if government officials are talking about that, but a higher death rate was also first mentioned in China until more and more testing was done and numbers were brought down. The same is happening here, I believe.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.