Agnostic.com

2 1

Zoom Gloom. Many groups here are going to zoom as a way of connecting. I have managed to get the app on my laptop and am waiting for the first conference. However, this was sent to me by the National Geographic. Zoom Gloom, something to be aware of

[nationalgeographic.com]:๐Ÿ˜•rc=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=SpecialEdition_20200424&rid=025721C284B5B9F673E1D125625B5D09

โ€โ€œIt's almost like you're emoting more because you're just a little box on a screen,โ€ Eichler-Levine says. โ€œIโ€™m just so tired.โ€
So many people are reporting similar experiences that itโ€™s earned its own slang term, Zoom fatigue, though this exhaustion also applies if youโ€™re using Google Hangouts, Skype, FaceTime, or any other video-calling interface. The unprecedented explosion of their use in response to the pandemic has launched an unofficial social experiment, showing at a population scale whatโ€™s always been true: virtual interactions can be extremely hard on the brain.
โ€

JackPedigo 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use jami and jitsi -- open source, cross platform, end-to-end encryption, and have no trauma/fatigue/etc. at all. ๐Ÿ™‚

Emails, & texting are good enough for me. I don't need contact desperately enough to be in front of a bloody camera to do it. I also don't like talking as I dry out, lose my voice, & get a very sore throat really fast. I speak when I must, & not on a damn internet program.

To each his or her own. Here is a very community centric place. I have been a part of numerous groups and miss the groups. Also, this is a place for volunteers and I am on a couple of boards. We still need to have meetings so this will be an experiment to see how virtual meetings work.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:489047
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.