Agnostic.com

20 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes they've been tax exempt for over a year. And fighting the good fight.

If you're looking for an inclusive group of atheists they are a good choice: [thesatanictemple.com]

If Christians and Jews can get religious benefits from the IRS. So can Satanists. Good play gentlemen.

Excellent! I prayed this would happen! 😉

I notice a lot of replies from people who actually think that the founders of the Satanic Temple actually believe in Satan . . . . and decry the ignorance, ha ha.

All Religious groups are literally represented by overgrown children visiting with there imaginary friend/s =(ANGELS/DEMONS/GODS/SATAN)etc. So now we have a different version of rituals than the Christian Faiths and alike who are played out through costumes and theatrics and scripts for the publics entertainment obviously at a tax free cost to them.

Simply just another brand for sale to the public.

Just another fairy tale religion. IMO don't waste your time and money on any church.

Well, that should open the door for any Agnostic or Atheist organizations too.

I hope they really go for the gusto with their tenants. Make "divinely" revealed proclamations like: abortion is a holy sacrament, and other things that would let them then challenge other hard-core xtian views that are coming up in court cases. I know that they have lines in their belief system about bodily autonomy, but they should be direct, just to piss off the right and make the Supreme Court have to ponder things a bit more deeply before ruling. If nothing else, it would make for some interesting courthouse drama.

Good, give the Devil equal time.

Or as suggested by @Donotbelieve, "Give the Devil his due."

@Donotbelieve Aw damn, now I wish I'd used that one. Thanks to the magic of the Edit command, it is so done 😀

@Donotbelieve Absolutely not! I wouldn't dare take credit for your idea.

But I'll use it, and give credit where it's due 😉

Whoopi, another religious group even if is satanic still is a group. Oh i get the sentiment of it, i just don't agree. I always thought it expressed some ignorance to show the ignorance.

But ya funny to piss em off a bit, we know they deserve it. Lol

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Love it. I watched The Satanic Temple's documentary, Hail Satan, a year or so ago with some of my local atheist friends.

I might join them, now, as I've come to think that the only way to fight religion is on its ground. If they don't come to believe that they're wrong, but continue to hold political clout/power, we are in trouble.

If I have services here in my home do I get tax exemptions?

There are specific rules spelled out that you have to meet to qualify, but it is possible. It does require regular meetings and a doctrinal statement, and when I last read up on it, it also required a minimum number of members that attended meetings. You'd have to read up on current requirements and rules that needed to be met.

Great!

Good, now maybe they'll move their statue onto the Little Rock capitol grounds next to State Senator Jason Rapert's 10 commandments eyesore.

Excellent

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 25, 2020

Excellent. One day there will be no taxes at all...

When would that be, and what can we do to speed the process?

@DeanRux February 35th, 2165

The technological singularity is supposed to happen long before the date you quoted... But I digress...

What will be the turning point between taxes and no taxes? I'm thinking at some point after the singularity, money itself will become obselete? What event makes taxes irrelevant?

Asatru, the druids, Wicca and satanists. They’re all posers.

Yes, but tax evasion, I mean exemptions

Actually, except for Satanists, they're all older than Christianity. Who exactly are the posers again?

@Paul4747 Asatru, Druidism and Wicca are all new age religions purportedly based on ancient traditions. Wicca was created in the 1950s England, Druidism the 1960s and Asatru is based on Nordic mythology. Whatever religious practices the Vikings may have practiced are lost to history. The last bastion of pagan Norse was in Iceland and paganism was outlawed in 1000 AD. No one has any idea what the druids may have believed. The sacred grove were destroyed by the romans.
These were all phony religions for decadent intelligentsia. Posers all. At least Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam have the excuse of originating in antiquity. These are clubs.

Or proof that world has gone to hell in a hand basket.

@SeaGreenEyez i was trying to make a small joke. I guess I phrased it wrong.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:489078
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.