Agnostic.com

2 3

There have been people in my life who, to present memory, can seem obscure, and yet, upon reflection, I discover that at the time I knew them, they were important to me and thus, for better or for worse, helped fashion the man I am, and I find that I can only be grateful to them, no matter their contribution, not because I became an exceptional man, but because I became a man at all...

SecretSharer 4 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

great point , all the people that you meet shape your slant on the world . add that to the books you read and fun is to be had

Each of us will live on in the effects which our words and deeds have had on others, whether they remember us or not. In turn, that will effect others with whom they come into contact. That is both a big burden and a deeply gratifying thought.

no burden to me !

If we do or say something which ends up hurting people, we are responsible for the consequences. It is and should be a burden. That premise is one of the prime bases for existential morality. Are you saying that you ard not responsible for the effects of your actions?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.