Agnostic.com

4 0

It appears that Jesus is not the only one that might try to be a man and a god at the same time. Came across this book in Oxfam at Henley on Thames ( see photos below) . Presumably a cult publication. It seems that we are all evolving towards a new fusion of man and god. Does anyone know about what happened to the theory?
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

Mcflewster 8 Apr 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Frank R. Wallace AKA Mark Hamilton after his conviction for tax fraud died in 2006.
His Son Wallace H. Ward, changed his name to Mark Hamilton after his fathers death and continued to run Integrated Management Associates AKA Neotech AKA Neothink passing on "the secrets of the ages" in the manner of a mystery religion, for a nominal fee of course ($135.50 per step up the ladder).
Hamilton and all his companies and products are banned from Austrailia after Fair Trading Minister Margaret Keech branded Neo-Tech as "a group of con-artists"

Shows how my mind is(nt) working these days...thanks for putting out correct info...

@HankSherman You made no errors, Joe Smith probably was one or the other Mark Hamiltons, Neotech seems to be pretty much a one or two man organisation.

@LenHazell53 thanks again, for sure, at the time I had little idea of the interworking of the organization

Thanks for this. I feel that I do not have to read it now.

Got interested sometimeback...late 90s, if I remember right, the Neo Tech book I first read was "Atheism, the case against god" by John Smith, and I think he was the originator of the Neo-tech organization.. I think Smith got shut down by the IRS, perhaps imprisoned, not sure about that......anyway when Mark Hamilton started picking up where Smith left off....I got sidetracked, or something. Hope this helps. Last time I checked, Neo-tech was still around on the internet.

First off you start with "It appears that Jesus is not the only one that might try to be a man and a god at the same time."

I have below my observation, I would like to consider how it appears to you as you stated above. I am open to your explanation of how you find or observe "Jesus tried to be a man". thanks

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'? John 10:34

The expression "the Son of man" occurs 81 times in the Greek text of the four Canonical gospels, and is used only in the sayings of Jesus. [en.wikipedia.org] There are different opinions on what "Son of man" is all about. Keep it simple. Son is the product of ... mankind.

John 1:1 In the beginnin was the logos, the logos was with god and was god. John 1:14 ... the logos become flesh.

People are "Gods" because they have logos. Logos is about thought/word cognition capabilities. "son of man[kind]" would be, to keep it simple, would be saying an offspring or a product of mankind. Jesus character is man made. Man[kind] is God that created Jesus character.

People think - logos - then speak, which by the power of the spoken words produce Jesus character.

God-man does not sound as scientific as homo superduperious. Maybe when people start doing Harry Potter style whiz bang then we could say that there are those that got the evolved genes to become homo superduperious.

Power of words. What is the power of words? Spoken/written words coming from thought/cognition.
The biblical text is predicated on the power of words(wheither words in thought, speach or written). Without listing every example, a few that support this observation:
Genesis... in the beginning almighty said "let there be light ", then there was light.
Deut. 11:18 18 “You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
Spoken curse: Matthew, 21:18-22
Here the fig tree withers immediately the curse is pronounced, driving the narrative forward to Jesus' encounter with the Jewish priesthood and his curse against them and the temple.
Luke adopts the typically Jewish idea that the Spirit is the Spirit of prophecy…. This may be seen in Lk 4:23–27, where the miraculous signs mentioned in the quotation in v. 18 are specifically rejected as manifestations of the Spirit and only authoritative preaching is regarded as the fulfilment of the prophecy. [cambridge.org]
Testimony is eye witness accounts written or spoken. Testimony of Jesus is spirit of prophesy. Predicated on the power of words.
Although it is impossible to obtain exact figures, there is little doubt that the Bible is the world's best-selling and most widely distributed book. A survey by the Bible Society concluded that around 2.5 billion copies were printed between 1815 and 1975, but more recent estimates put the number at more than 5 billion. [guinnessworldrecords.com]
Your deminstration of the power of words that has spanned 1000s of years and endured many things that did not wipe it out. Absolute work of genius. Which genius requires cognition/logos. Genius.
The power of words to be illogical. I could write or say 1+1=3. It is not logical, but it can be said or written. Could a planet have(for example) capabilities to defy logic of gravity laws and produce a square planet?
Is there any "laws of nature" that would be considered illogical?

Word Level 8 May 1, 2020

Of course I believe that Jesus was a man . It was trying to be god as well that he was trying to do, got him into trouble and is illogical.
Thank you for an interesting answer.

An old rehash of ancient fables. There are, in fact, many themes such as a half-breed human god, virgin birth, execution & resurrection, raising the dead, healing and other miracles, etc. that were ripped off from previous mythologies by Christian plagiarists, otherwise known as authors of the New Testament.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:491004
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.