Agnostic.com

5 0

Is space-time smooth or chunky ?

Is space-time smooth or chunky?

[space.com]

FearlessFly 9 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sigh. Pi are not square. Pie r round. Cornbread are square.

Thirty minutes at 350 F or until a toothpick comes out clean.

no such thing as space or time. it's all a mental construct.

Einstein called it spacetime/space-time. Feel free to submit your own scientific paper to credible journal(s) for peer-review. 😮 😛

@FearlessFly well mr physics why don't you explain how the speed of light is constant no matter what the velocity of the observer?

@JeffMesser . . . the one (in this case YOU) making the (extraordinary ? ) claim "no such thing as space or time. it's all a mental construct"
has the burden 😮

@FearlessFly I just did. you just don't understand why. read more physics.

It's like lumpy cornbread.

It is extra crispy

Word Level 8 May 1, 2020

@Word @Allamanda @EdEarl . . . cute (maybe), but I'm hoping some might notice that this is the Academic (e. g. Science) group 😛

@FearlessFly Of course, this group is about science. The pictorial renderings of the universe, with voids, galaxies, clusters and interconnections kinda remind me of the texture of lumpy cornbread, with big bubbles caused by leavening (voids), lumps of flour and cornmeal caused by insufficient mixing (clusters), cornmeal granules (galaxies), and flour holding it together (interconnections). I know my analogy is not scientific, but not everyone who reads posts in this group will be a scientist, and some scientists delve into the arts.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:491359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.