Agnostic.com

7 9

"I will not die of stupid," Leonard Pitts wrote. Agreed.

"Someday, I’m going to die.

"This, I grudgingly accept. I have no idea how it’s going to happen. Maybe I will die of having a tree fall on me, of eating tainted shellfish, or of being struck by lightning. But this much I guarantee. I will not die of having wagered my life that TV carnival barkers, political halfwits and MAGA-hat-wearing geniuses know more than experts with R.N.s, M.D.s, and Ph.D.s after their names."

"Not that there aren't plenty of opportunities to do so. Indeed, in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and the question of when and how the nation's economy should be reopened, we seem to have tapped the U.S. Strategic Stupid Reserve. "

[tampabay.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agreed stupidity and lack of common sense has become the norm..

Good short well written article. I like it that some of the anti shut down people were quoting the stat. about cars.

" Meantime, there's Dr. Phil, opining on Fox "News" that "45,000 people a year die from automobile accidents,"

Well that must have been a few days ago, because it has already gone way past that, and still counting.

Yes, but sadly, you can still die of someone else's stupid.

Unfortunately, if you are to believe Einstein, "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

I stay careful

I hope the stupid reserve only lasts until November.

agreed, but looking at the choices, unlikely!

Lemmings

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:491820
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.