Agnostic.com

30 3

Any religious public figures that you admire?

Are there any religious public figures you admire? For me, I think I admire Desmond Tutu more than just about any other public figure.

cannon1975 6 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jimmy Carter and John Fugelsang

Agree with you about Tutu. Pity he is religious though. I have a sneaking liking for the current Pope, Francis. In some ways he seems such a sensible chap. i keep hoping he will come out one day and announce that he has seen the light and there is no God after all. Wishful thinking, I know.

A lot of people seem to "like" pope francis. Would the nazi party have been any nicer if they had had a "nice" leader? He's the head of an abominable orgainisation which piles up riches at the expense of the poor. And he's the head of that organistion. Let's not forget this.

@GoldenDoll That's why I wish he could change. I have no time for any church or religion I think they are all poisonous. Francis seeming nice doesn't make his church any nicer.

Mr. Rogers, who was a Presbyterian minister, is my favorite Christian ever. Also Jimmy Carter and his tireless work fighting for women's rights around the world along with other humanitarian projects.

Dali Lama

There is a Reverend on Joy in the Morning on MSNBC whose name I can't remember right now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.