Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Don’t Freak Out About The Giant Hornet – Oregon Trail Sagas

Take a deep breath folks.
https:// Calling this insect a “murder hornet,” a moniker that has come up seemingly overnight, is really inaccurate and unnecessary.com//
https:// The Washington State Department of Agriculture has already posted announcements warning people to stop killing random bees they see, thinking they are these giant hornets. Apparently people are killing bumblebees, which breaks my heart because they LOOK NOTHING LIKE A HORNET.

If you think you see one, TAKE A PICTURE OR VIDEO and get the fuck away from it.com//

HippieChick58 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These hornets feed on bees. I hope they can be eradicated where they don't belong. Our bees have no defense, even Africanized bees.

Ugly lookin' hornets!

You touched upon one of my pet peeves - folks in the midwest tend to call all kinds of things "bees" when in fact they are not bees. Yellow jackets come to mind - sooooo many people here call them bees. I'm like 'Those are NOT bees - they are wasps. They are born pissed off" as opposed to the mostly docile honeybees and bumblebees. If somebody in Nebraska tells you they were stung by a bee then more than likely they were stung by a yellow jacket.

Growing up down south we had hornets. They were not to be trifled with. Ironically - these are the European hornets. We would occasionally come upon a hornet's nest while out in the woods.

Ohub Level 7 May 5, 2020

Some of these hornets were found near Blaine Washington. They are dangerous and kill other bees. There is a huge difference between a bumble bee and this hornet. People who can't see this are really fools. A row of Ceonothus in front of my house are full of bumble bees and I often work there with them buzzing all around me. They are mostly harmless and won't sting unless one actively threatens them.

Thank you for educating people. It never occurred to me people would kill bumble bees. smh

To give you some size perspective.

The fat little Bumblebee is in the lower right. how can anyone with half an ounce of sense confuse them with the hornet???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492516
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.