Agnostic.com

11 6

This is the worst possible moment to try to kill Obamacare

"What is the worst time to overturn a law that provides healthcare for the uninsured? Surely, topping any list of answers would be: in the midst of the pandemic that is quickly becoming the leading cause of death in America.

"Yet, the Trump administration is pushing forward with their position to invalidate the Affordable Care Act (ACA), with the Supreme Court due to hear the case in the fall.

"This position could, depending on the outcome of the suit, impact 20 million Americans, according to the Urban Institute. With more than 30 million people who have already filed for unemployment benefits, many more millions will be expected to rely on the ACA for health care coverage in the coming months."

Heartless and cruel. Vote Republicans out of office!

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not know that much obama care but any insurance is better than none in the long run especially it serious with high bills to may,,US is on a system for the hospitals and doctors i think to make mega bucks at the expense of the people,so happy i live in Canada with system we have ,Doctors are regulated in what they can charge for procedures and most hospitals are public owned and are happy to break even plus with the money they get from the government ,all Medical equipment is paid for by donations from the local population which it serves, Yes we do pay money,certain amount is included in our income tax and once you become a senior you pay 100 a year for all your prescriptions plus a small dispencing fee ,not 100 % of the drugs are covered but all essentail ones in most part a few are not

I am sure he has a better medical plan, just like all the other plans he has come up with. Kate and I were on the ACA for over three years and the policy cost over a thousand dollars a month of which we paid abut $200.00 a month. We got way more than we paid for. Kate has Erdheim-Chester and at the start it was $5200.00 a day, four days in a row every twenty eight days. Now it is over $15,000.00 a day same schedule. It is keeping her alive.

I was on Obamacare for 3 years and it sucks.

When you can't make your mortgage payment, credit card payment, car payment, and student loan payment, what good is an insurance policy that costs $1800/month with a $10K deductible?

BD66 Level 8 May 7, 2020

@BD66

The monthly cost for ACA is based on your income.

Don't forget: the ACA provides coverage for pre-existing conditions that private insurance previously refused to cover. It required all insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions, yearly physicals, and much more.

@LiterateHiker I know, so if you are self-employed making $120K per year, you get nothing from ACA. Then Covid-19 comes along, and you lose a large portion of your income, so you are stuck with insurance that costs $1800/month with a $10K deductible, plus all your other monthly payments.

It's so damned expensive because they are forcing the self-employed into a pool of people with pre-existing conditions, so they are shifting the costs from those with pre-existing conditions to those who are self-employed.

I had to restructure my entire business and form a partnership just to get out of the damn thing.

It's the "worst possible moment to try to kill Obamacare" from the perspective of ordinary citizens. If you're a corporate citizen, every day is a good day to "thin the herd".

Their solution is for us to die

I can still remember old man Bush's healthcare plan: "don't get sick."

Indeed it is. Spite, sadism and demonizing the "other" are wretched ways to govern, but here we are.

A revolution should happen me thinks.

It was practically DOA from the start.

@Silver1wun

Republicans have tried to cancel the Affordable Care Act 74 times. Shame on them!

Over 20 million Americans are enrolled.

DOA? It's been 10 years! As this could be Trump's last chance, it's more like DOD (dead on departure)!

@LiterateHiker Republicans do some sensible things sometimes. Why try labeling everyone sensible 'Republican'? Must we all be unquestioning sycophants? Is this a religion???

@Silver1wun

I don't understand your question. I despise Republicans. Have been fighting against them my entire life.

@LiterateHiker NOthing surprising there. Why not say "I'm Baptist and haver despised Catholics my whole life." Same mindless zombyism. One is other world the other is this world. Nothing original about it. It's all 'spoon-fed' orthodoxy. It is also all false.

@Silver1wun Lately they have been far too much of a vindictive cult. Conservatives need to thin their ranks of the sadists and try again. Right now, they are as unfit to hold power as their leader, Hair Furor.

Where's a big lightning bt when you need it.

Makes sense, worst possible moment,president, and human pretty much sums up this world biggest idiot of a president kept In the whitehouse by his
minions

What a way to get voted into office. This would guarantee 20 million votes against him.

Their propaganda machine will spin the repeal as a big victory or the Democrats' fault if there is enough outcry. Either way their stooges will lap it up. The cult knows they can't lose with their base, even as they kill some of them off.

Absolutely zero empathy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493327
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.