Agnostic.com

1 2

Do you have any idea(s) to alleviate this FB 'issue' ?

Facebook Violence Curbs Thwarted by Groups Using Code Words

[bloomberg.com]

FearlessFly 9 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There will always be dodges like these - we didn't refer to "Weed" as weed when discussing it on pay phones in the dorms in the 1980s because we knew those phone lines were being listened in on.

It's very similar to that.

Once they pick up on the words though - they can shut the groups down (obviously).

I think if you stumble across that - the best you can do is report it. But remember FB is down it's usual full slate of personnel right now and isn't scanning posts as well as it was prior to this pandemic.

I just watched a meme group slap up it's rules as the main photo of the group to cut down on the crap that was getting posted because the moderators were getting overwhelmed by it. Normally FB pulls some of the burden of people reporting posts - right now you're getting a "Due to the Covid-19 virus we're too busy" line back from reporting general stuff.

So if you have people of a similar mindset trying to get away with something with a decent amount of "clever" between them - they can get away with it for a bit - until someone wanders in and reports them.

I've wandered into some pretty bizarre groups on FB and wandered right on back out again.
Things that pretend to be militias that don't seem particularly harmful - but that with the wording they use? Who the hell knows!
Report it and walk back out. Usually blocking the group behind you on the way out because "Gees they're pretty well nuts and they have weapons".

I'm not/will never be on FB.

Given that Zuck is "richer than 'god' ", how can FB be "down it's usual full slate of personnel" ? doesn't seem right.

@FearlessFly The plague - people are off work. I'm guessing some of these folks worked in cubicle farms which would be horrifically contagious places to be right now.
So they are down personnel.

@RavenCT Given the unemployment rate, finding folks ready, willing and able to work remotely should be EASY. 😮

@FearlessFly I agree - but perhaps that's not their strategy? I don't know. I haven't needed to report any posts for a week or so - so I don't know if the standard "We don't have enough people" reply is still running at FB.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495205
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.