Agnostic.com

10 8

This is how to end a relationship

Relationships are hard. Its like a full-time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks notice. There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp.

Twitcher 5 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some women are all too good at "dragging things out". A two week process is getting off easy IMO...

If they leave you you've just been fired. You don't get 2 weeks notice for that.

1of5 Level 8 May 14, 2020

Wow, if my ex-boyfriend had to set me up with a "temp" every time we broke up, I'd have been a busy girl! We broke up more than we dated. Guess he kept offering himself as my temp, until I finally said "never again!" I like all 3 of my current temps, me, myself and I! 🙂

Do we have to let them stay during that 2 weeks?

This is cute. Even the temp part is cute But very few of us want an ex around after they want to leave and even less of us want them to pick a temp for us.

Does everyone in a relationship let their SO know of your membership here?

Absolutely not . Who ever wants to leave my life , door is open and the dogs are tight . Good bye and pls lose my #. I ll help u pack and I ll pack u lunch for the road .
Need nothing from an ex . 🙌

But what about the temp? That part’s pretty good, right? 😄😉

At least he gets one last sandwich...

Yes! A temp! 😂😂

I guess I'll need to find my girlfriend a replacement the next time I need to go out of town for a few days. I just hope she doesn't like the new model better than she likes me. Ha!

And this is why you are single

Your SO is NOT your employer !
It takes two to stay together, it only take ONE to 'leave'. 😮 😛

@LetzGetReal . . . while I agree that relationships are/can be hard, it is not an 'employment' situation (severance, notice, temp).

Had a longtime friend describe, ‘when it’s right, it’s effortless.’ Now 25 years with a second wife (the first having been a workout), I think he’s right..

Varn Level 8 May 13, 2020

I had the same wife for 55 years -- no more than one hand full of serious arguments during those years. We both always said that Respect was the secret to successful marriage. I lost her to cancer in 2018 but I still believe that. It's truly like a big part of ME died that day also!

I think I'd disagree slightly about it being effortless. From my perspective, it's more that the effort required feels natural — if that distinction makes sense?

That's so nice

@Justme43, @resserts, @LetzGetReal I’ve maybe witnessed only a couple relationships I’d describe as effortless, if not totally ‘trouble free,’ but they appear to be very much the exception.. I’d done 30 years, 25 of which were positive, the remainder were strained by her serious anxiety and the pressure of children, which we had late.

My follow up R/S was the one in which my friend, after ‘taking me out for the day,’ told me was too much work, comparing it to his. I had to agree.. Even a ‘high functioning’ borderline PD’d partner is a hell ride … from which I may still be recovering 😕

@resserts just what I was going to say.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:495531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.