Agnostic.com

5 4

I did my Spring cleaning today.

After I came home from work, showered, tossed in a load of clothing, I cleaned out my closet. I guess I had saved a million Wal-Mart bags in the bottom of my closet. Don't ask me why, because IDK why. Lol. I threw them all in the trash, I downsized my books and movies. I got rid of the empty boxes on top of my bookcase and now it is cleared off. I finally gave away the giant hippo my ex had given me for my birthday 3 years ago. Someone at my place wanted that one quickly. I cleaned around my mini fridge too. I'm off work tomorrow and I am feeling back to normal with my eating habits. I can go workout at the gym tomorrow too. Let's just hope my boss doesn't call me in tomorrow. When I came in to clock in today, she was clocking out and said, "See you Thursday." I get to go to Barnes & Noble with a friend tomorrow after dinner. In the morning, I'll log onto here as usual. I got my reimbursement from International Delight, for the bad creamer today. Tomorrow should be a fun day. I can't wait.

Sarahroo29 8 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My office is doing a spring cleaning party. They bring in a bunch of bins and cleaning supplies and we take the day to clean our desks and common areas.

They also provide lunch.

We have a cleaning staff, but they are restricted in what they can touch around the desks.

Cool.

I have the type of waste baskets that are made to hold plastic grocery bags as a liner. I haven't bought can liners in decades. Even if they're ratty, I double them up and put a few sheets of newsprint in the bottom to prevent puntures and absorb any moisture. Because they're free, when there's something particularly messy, like with food prep, it can get tied off and taken straight out to the trash.

I always look for ways to recycle whenever possible. My favorite "invention" is when I trim the top of an 18 egg foam egg carton (the middle ridges on both sides so you get two sets) and place them upside down inside of the small plastic bins packs of mushrooms come in. This makes a tray to place your sink sponge in. It allows the air to circulate so it dries quicker and cleaner, keeps the counter dry, and when it starts to get scummy and a rinse doesn't cure it, you throw it into the recycle bin and make another. There's at least one on and/or under every sink in the house.

Reduce, re-use, recycle, reclaim, repurpose.

Colorado doesn't recycle here. OR does. I came from there. Here, we throw soda cans, aluminium cans, milk jugs, and plastic bags away. It is sad.

@Sarahroo29 must be a Springs thing.

Several of the trash service in the Denver area provide recycle bins that you don’t have to sort.

Also the grocery stores have a bin for store bags right at the entrance.

@Doug_in_Colorado I don't have a ride to go in and do that.

So did Zebedee

The dog is cute.

this is what I watched as a little kid.

Good for you @Sarahroo29. Now I need to get motivated.

You can do it!

It is so easy to fall into hoarder habits

I don't hoard, I just save stuff I don't need anymore.

Then I give it away. It took me 2 car trips to get me moved. With 2 cars though. Lol. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49598
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.