Agnostic.com

3 0

No matter how they try to dress it up, Christianity IS a form of hate, if not racism. When someone dehumanizes other people, i.e. . . .

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

It is a direct quote from their so-called god . . . "dogs", and "pigs"? . . . that is clearly and unambiguously a form of hate. It's not harmless . . . . and the comment is not something they can just explain away.

Archeus_Lore 7 May 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I recall my RE teacher at school agonizing over this passage and claiming it was so obviously UnChristlike that it must be a forged later addition, akin to the last chapter of Mark.
She actually cried in front of the class.

@altschmerz Unusually she actually and sincerely believed what she was teaching, so a genuine paradox for her was genuinely upsetting. She took a leave of absence for a while, the rumour was that she suffered a breakdown. She was replaced by a red haired and bearded Presbyterian Scott called Mr. McLeod, a name he pronounced MuClued! only person I ever met who could speak an exclamation mark.
He was the very epitome of a "Holy Terror", a crack shot with a piece of chalk and never afraid to personally damn you to hell for being a clever dick sassenach heathen.
I recall him locking away all of the KJV versions of the bible we normally used and proclaiming from the Geneva version, claiming the other translations were Papist and and english corrupted filth.
I think he must have been wee Free church because according to this loon every one was going to Hell, and the quicker the better if he had anything to do with it.
He did not last long after parents petitioned for his removal and the return of Mrs. Pettigrew.

@altschmerz What amazes me is that under UK law this man was allowed to be a teacher of religious education, but had he been a Roman catholic he would have been barred from the profession in state schools, as it is illegal for "papists" to teach religious education, because it will corrupt children.

This text, while speciesist, is not the worst Christianity has to offer, IMO.

well, so much for trying to understand the other side I guess.

a smidge myopic perhaps..🤣

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497985
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.