Agnostic.com

6 8

LINK Sunday slump - The virus is accelerating dechurching in America | United States | The Economist

Culling the church herd actually makes religion better IMO by taking the focus away from the material and shifting it onto the spiritual.

TheMiddleWay 8 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well every cloud has a silver lining so the saying goes.

I'm truly agnostic, but I have had friends of all faiths. According to most of my Christian and catholic friends told me "a church" is not brick and mortar, it's a gathering of followers. For those that believe, god is everywhere, doesn't matter where you are. Going to a building for it nowadays, is as irresponsible as going to a bar or a gym. These pastors are going against their own "rules" they are putting their followers in danger with this virus that has crippled the planet and for what, to deliberately violate state and local guidelines. Infection cases and death rate is going up everywhere, everyone is responsible for everyone else when they leave their house, some people just don't give a damn. There is a term that is needed for these people Martial Law. It should be applied to those areas that are so careless about life. Trump would never order Martial law, especially towards those who are his core voters, whom are the ones who violate their own presidents' guidelines.

I have 2 wishes for this entire situation: 1, that people will really realize what they need in this life, and the 2nd, what they do not need, like religion.

Maybe those preachers will finally have to get real jobs.

I especially don't care for the "hip trend-setter" churches as I like to call them. You know, the "Thrive Church" or "Rock City"

I used to work for a religious 501☕4.

It was all about getting donotions. I was a doubter already. It only solidifying my lack of belief.

All Hail The Almighty Currency.

Many preachers could be great salesmen. If they can make money selling the BS they are selling think how well they could sell good products.

Maybe people eventually learn in the long run. Just very slowly.

It could be a lasting effect. Once habits are broken, it becomes harder to maintain them. Believe it or not, psychological studies indicate that we act our way into believing more often than believing our way into acting.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498203
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.