Agnostic.com

6 2

Hey y’all, here’s a chance to vote for a bright, energetic person with a PHD, in lieu of voting for some bumbling old dotard who can barely get out of bed.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

If she is elected she’ll be only the second president in history to hold a PHD. She’s got my vote!

WilliamFleming 8 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Republicans fall in line. Democrats fall in love." Republicans hold their nose and fall in line. Dems are idealists and vote for whoever. It's a two party system. Your vote for a third party is a 1/2 vote for trump. The survival of our country depends on rational people uniting and voting for the Democratic candidate. I'd vote for my recliner if it was the opposing candidate to trump.

Have you actually checked out what Libertarians actually want? I promise you will be appalled!

Of course I know what they want. I voted for Gary Johnson.

Far from being appalled, I concur.

@WilliamFleming . . . "What is Alleppo? "

@FearlessFly It didn’t bother me in the least that Johnson was not following war news. I wasn’t following it either, and Aleppo is hardly a household word.

The Libertarian position is that we should disentangle ourselves from foreign wars and quit trying to play the role of world policeman. If GWB had exercised half a brain Aleppo would never have come up.

@WilliamFleming ummmm, the Libertarian position is,pour your own sidewalks, educate your own children,carry guns at will. My brother has voted Libertarian for years, his thing is, SS should be abolished, so should any social safety nets, you are on your own, sink or swim.

@AnneWimsey Not really. The libertarian platform specifically endorses the formation of companies, corporations, cooperatives, etc. for the accomplishment of common needs.

My opinion is that government should not be funding retirement. If all that money that I paid to FICA had been put in an annuity I’d be much better off financially.

Some social programs are good and necessary, but those programs tend to mushroom out of proportion. IMO, any government program should be on a firm financial footing or not exist. My favorite system would be State Capitalism.

@AnneWimsey, @FearlessFly Libertarian ideals date back to ancient history. So far as in the US, Thomas Jefferson represents the libertarian ideal.

So you see, the Koch brothers did not found Libertarianism nor do they own Libertarianism. Those links are just silly misinformation.

A good source is the CATO Institute.

@WilliamFleming It's hard not to notice that YOU (nor CATO) provides complete/credible/convincing answers to the questions posed in the links ! 😮

@FearlessFly I can’t read Salon without turning off my ad blocker, but I could see it was about the Koch brothers, and thus my reply.

So far as the other, every one of the ten questions is based on a lie, or on some preposterous inference. I think it is nothing but sarcasm or humor, and the questions are not worthy of serious answers. To imitate a lawyer’s phrase, the answer to all ten is “deny”.

@WilliamFleming The Kochs are not mentioned in the Salon article (a private Brave window works for me) and ONLY in one question of ten in the other.

You are entitled to your OPINION (and baseless assertions), but again, have provided NO credible source(s) or answers to the questions.

@FearlessFly If someone asks you a loaded question, such as “Have you stopped beating your wife?” The answer would be “deny”.

Example: question ten wants to know why it is that if capitalism is so good we are so poor. The answer is “deny”.. Humanity is more prosperous than at any time in history, and it is because of world-wide free trade.

“If you are smarter than everybody else” why do you ask me these ten loaded questions? Deny.

It’s a bunch of silliness, not worth further time.

@WilliamFleming I dunno, I like getting SS checks........

@AnneWimsey Yes, so do I, and I realize that social security helps many people who are unable to work. It’s a social program, not an investment plan. If your monthly check came from an investment account rather than SS, and was fifty percent larger, I’ll bet you’d like that even better.

What I favor is some sort of state capitalism. We need social programs, but those programs should be on a solid financial footing—same with government in general.

@AnneWimsey, @OwlInASack I appreciate your input and respect your positions.

There are many things that I like about the Libertarian position, and I see that they are now organized world-wide. In this coming election they offer an alternate option. I’m going to vote Libertarian even if it’s only a symbolic gesture.

Nope. I think being elect-able is important and don't fancy 4 more years of Trumpenstein.

Libertarianism is fine. Those who define themselves as Libertarians for the most part suck. She has no more chance of becoming president than you or I do. Her views are more aligned to those of Donald Trump than Joe Biden. You vote for her if you want to. Jo Jorgensen? No way.

Damn! - who is that masked man 😉 ..excellent commentary, thank you ~

PSThose who define themselves as Libertarians for the most part suck.” ..there’s pat shit, and plain shit ..but that’s some good shit 😀

You mean “when she loses.”

If she is elected” … betting our freedom, if not our lives ..on an impossible ‘if.’ No sale ~

Varn Level 8 May 25, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.