Agnostic.com

5 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love standing on the pier in Venice,FL and watch them play, the swimmers can't see how close they are to them.

I'd like to have a warmish hell with all of you lovely people !

I love stingrays. We sometimes have to pick them up if they have become stranded at low tide. The big ones take 2 of us and even then we struggle. I can understand how one can walk on a stingray, I have many times, luckily not stung. But how can one attack you and stab you in the chest? The barbs are not detachable darts, nor can a stingray swim backwards to spear you with his barb. The only things I can think of are trying to hitch a ride on one, or divign onto one trying to catch it like you do with turtles. I find the whole Steve Irwin thing suss.

I have never seen one in real life but I love the images I see of them

@btroje wow, world is a big place, I was shocked when i read that as when I was a teen I had marine tanks and had baby rays in it. I see rays 2 or 3 nights a week when I got for a walk across a local bridge, they are often in the surf. Eagle rays are just so pretty. Then again, I have never seen snow.

@Rugglesby the only place I have lived on the coast was Portland Maine

steve irwin was an arrogant dickhead, not really respectful of other life forms at all. just a bloody croc wrangler 😀

@Rugglesby pictures of snow are nice

@walklightly thank you, I always get flack when I say that, I was never a fan.

@Rugglesby, you're welcome! yes, flack, i know about it; don't give a rats 😀

@btroje Small world! I once lived near Portland.

@ailurophile I liked it. Too dark in the winter

@btroje I loved living near the ocean.

@ailurophile even when it was freezing

Baby stingrays????!!!

yes I think they are cute

@btroje I've made jewelry out of the eggs..they look like tiny dragons..

@Charlene I don't think I have ever seen those

@btroje lol..sorry ..confused stingrays with horseshoe crabs...dang!..

@Charlene do you have any of those now? The jewelry

@btroje nope..they fell apart after a year..apologize..

@Charlene I thought they would be very fragile

@btroje I was surprised as well..one actually made it to 4 years..they're a lovey deep red color..

All seem to use his for background material.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49947
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.