Agnostic.com

9 8

Got to do my first stitches on a live patient today. Guy cut himself open with a circular saw.

Emerald 7 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've seen it happen. Guy on a ladder decided he needed to be one step higher to cut a hip rafter. Blade guard was pinned up. He lowered the running saw and stepped his thigh right into it. It looked like a wide, jagged cut.

That had to hurt. Back in 2008 had an accident with a kitchen knife that required many stitches.

♥️♥️♥️

I have to ask.... did you tell him he was your first? Guys always like to hear they're the first... but maybe not so much in this case. How many stitches?

That must have been an ugly laceration.

djs64 Level 7 May 27, 2020

Even before the lac, he wouldn't have won any bikini contests.

Hmmm...Want to share how he did that?

He was trying to cut a tree with a circular saw, it caught his shirt, and made a massive belly laceration. He was on a ladder at the time.

@Emerald a ladder with a circular saw. Lucky it was only his belly or he may have gotten an honourable mention in the Darwin awards.

@Cyklone actually this was one of those rare instances where obesity paid off. The cut was long, 2 inches deep, and dangerously close to his liver. But his enormous beer gut meant we just had to sew the adipose tissue together inside, then stitch the surface.

@Emerald Cutting a tree with a circular saw. Never should have been attempted. Extremely dangerous and foolish.

Congrats! It sounds like it was a nice, interesting job as well.

Congrats remember my first years ago

bobwjr Level 10 May 26, 2020

congratulations!

Thanks! I liked it so much I'm actually considering broadening my specialty.

@Emerald I wouldn't have thought that many people cut themselves on circular saws?

@Cyklone I would not recommend him for Mensa.

@Emerald Darwin club applicant .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499855
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.