Agnostic.com

2 4

It's that whole 'there's no atheists in a foxhole' bullshit all over again. The plane is going down and you are peeing your pants and possibly trying to figure out what your best next move is as thing unfold but mumbling to yourself and your imaginary friend is not the thing to do with what are likely your last minutes on the planet.

Surfpirate 9 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No prayer can. But an Engineer might be able to.

Have you ever thought your death was imminent? I had meningitis during an epidemic at Fort Ord, when people were dying from it. When the doctor told me, I had the sure/certain feeling that I was about to die. My only thought? I was glad my ''affairs were in order,'' to protect my daughter. No amazing religious conversion...no prayer...no ''life flashing before my eyes.'' Just a feeling of peace because my child would be safe.

How about you?

Very similar. Four weeks ago I had a major heart attack, touch and go for a few days but like you, affairs in order, no religion required, just prepared for what happens next.

Great work by medics and Australian health system got me the other side after quadruple bypass and now home for five days recovering.

Life is....as soon as we thinking it is anything more we miss the joy that is possible.

I've had many close calls over the years, been shot at and stabbed but never an illness where you would have more time to think about it, mainly a calm and cold logical approach to what to do to survive and then afterwards the adrenaline rush comes flooding over my body and I can contemplate how close I was to no longer being alive. Never a fear of heaven or hell, just acceptance that here I am until I am not.

@Geoffrey51 Good news! Happy recovery to you!

@LucyLoohoo Thanks Lucy

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500247
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.