Agnostic.com

8 3

there was a time in my life when I was able to have a truly bisexual relationship.
we had sex together every weekend for about 2 years, it was great.
I have no regrets except maybe I wish I would have cherished that time more. at the time I didn't think it would ever end.
how common is this. I know many women / girls experiment with homosexuality in the years before they get married. men also Dabble in same-sex relationships.
it seems to me that men are forced to make a choice. the easiest choice is heterosexuality ,for men and women the trade-offs are clear social acceptance children religious acceptance. would it be possible to maintain a bisexual group and still have children and family?

m16566 7 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Western cultures with histories dominated by Hebrew/Christian/Muslin influences have experienced long histories of sexual repression. Cultures without these religious influences have a much more diverse history of how sex is considered and expressed. Some cultures promoted homosexual relationships although these relationship were often considered between males with little or no mention of sex between females. Pre-Christian Greece was one such culture where sex between males was considered superior to sex between males and females because they considered males to be superior to females. Women were primarily to birth children to carry on the family name. Samoan and Tongan cultures were much less repressed sexually than were Western cultures. Sexuality could be considered to have been much more fluid in these cultures. Where same sex relationships were found to be accepted, a form of etequette developed defining what was and was not acceptable in the relationships. For example, the parameters of what constituted acceptable sexual behavior between males in pre-Christian Greece varied considerably from city to city. What was taboo in same sex relationships in Athens varied from what was acceptable in Sparta which differed from what was acceptable in Thebes.

The short answer to your question is that I have no doubt that it would be possible to maintain a bisexual group which includes children and family. I have no doubt that such situations have occurred in the past. Such a situation would not be without problems, but then even the expectation of monogomous relationships have its share of problems. No situation involving human beings will ever be without jealousy to complicate things

Yes, anything is possible. Some people live like this all the time while others hide what they think would offend someone and cause them to lose friends.

I know a couple that the woman is bisexual and they Usually have a long term threesome in their open marriage that includes children. They've been together for 15 years and married for 8. In other words it is possible.

The guy in that relationship used to court me
and once when a group of us went to a bar a bi guy started flirting with me. My friend took me aside and said " That guy is bi and you need to stay away from him. Bisexuals have more STDs than anyone else. " I thought that was hilarious since I knew his wife was bi.

I got that a lot when I was in swinging circles, there was a lot of fear of AIDS .
people said thatAIDS was a homosexual disease and that bisexuals would in INinfec hetero couples. as a result of bisexuality IS A major taboo.

@m16566 So women that go either way are not considered bi? I do understand the logic of your statement but it still seems tit has something o do with male dominance.They are sayi thing it's OK for a woman to be bisexual when it enhances a male's pleasure but not for a man to be bisexual.

Within swinging circles the power dynamic is very different than the rest of society.
women have most of the power when it comes to entering the lifestyle, but once they do the women are very interested in pleasing the men therefore often hetero women will engage and homosexual sex please the man, in my experience at this gets everybody turned on. occasionally the women find themselves so interesting to the Chagrin of the man
they become obsolete. so how is that for male dominance

@Lorajay

Men can be bisexual, too.

Do you think it would be fair and decent to the children and family for you to get your jollies?

@spartan919 I have nothing agains homosexual relationships at all, it is when there is more then two people in a relationship that it becomes a problem.

group sex is difficult, there are many problems keeping everyone schedule, finding a private place, child care, in a heterosexual relationship it is perfectly acceptable to put the children to bed and then the adults have sex. in a group sex relationship it is impossible to prevent the children from knowing what's going on.
and then if they were to tell Social Services would bring the party to an end real quick.
there is a bias toward heterosexuality at every level in our society

@spartan919 I am aware of it, however these people do not have sexual relationships with each other. Just the couples.

@spartan919 People who live in family groups. I am talking about mother, father, grand mother, grand father, uncles and aunties.

@spartan919 I thought you may. Yes, I personally know polygamist groups. There are always big problems there. These groups are great for men but not so much for women and children.

Is it possible to maintain a bisexual group and still have children and a family? Yes, because people do it. But it is rather rare, and you'd have to think very hard about where you were going to do it, as not every society will be equally accepting of behaviour deemed unusual.

JoeB Level 6 May 28, 2020

I don't believe I ever made a conscious choice. Not once. Never found another guy attractive. Im not wired that way. I think its something far deeper than a simple choice.

I relish the day when people can have relationships based upon their attraction to one another without having to worry about the gender issue.

It's not a choice. You are what you are.

in my case you are wrong, I like sex I like having sex with both men and women.
if it came down to a choice for me it would be a woman. since most women are not willing to participate in a male on male bisexual relationship it makes it difficult to arrange.

@m16566 You are bisexual. Not by choice.

WHY?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.