Agnostic.com

7 5

I am not going to Apologize or feel Sorry for my Ignorance of twitter. Never used or even been there. But do someone knows the reason why twitter do not suspend trumpdemis account? Asking for those without twitter accounts.

GipsyOfNewSpain 9 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They didn't suspend his account because they were being biased by treating him differently from other users. So now they are being a little less biased. They just flagged another of his tweets for glorifying violence. Eventually they will have flagged enough to get him suspended and eventually banned. And if Trump tries to take it to court he will fail because Twitter has tons of evidence they have been biased for him all these years.

Yeah they make money from Trump but you have to wonder how much it also costs them in resources to host him both in expenses and lost revenue.

PS. If you know what a blog is you know what Twitter - same thing but with lots of people posting and way more reading and commenting. Oh and the blog posts have to be 280 characters long max. And yes that's characters not words, including punctuation.

Capitalism in ameriKKKa.

Twitter makes money through selling advertising (see first link). Trump will make money after his Presidency by monetizing his account (see second link). He is fighting to prevent being exposed as a liar because he will lose followers.

[bbc.com]

[thewisdompost.com]

When someone like Trump makes money from monetising their social media account does that make him a sinfluencer?

I’ve nothing to do with it either … and not so long ago had to ask someone (yet again) how’s it work 😕 I think I ‘get it,’ but haven’t the least desire to wade through the assumed shitpile of ‘tweets’ from even those of interest.. Here is bad enough 😉

Think I heard it described that trump has brought the Twiter system more attention and ‘legitimacy’ than it would have had without him… So they’ve tolerated him.. Using it appears his Narcissistic method of avoiding the age old expectation that Presidents give press conferences - and take questions. He’s incapable of that ..so he plays with his phone, alone.

Varn Level 8 May 28, 2020

I would think his account generates a lot of business, traffic, comments, xcetera. a real prize.

Oh Capitalism and it's suffering.

Now that he is directly attacking them mabey they will...

MsAl Level 8 May 28, 2020

because. LOL I have no clue either. Though twitter did start doing a fact check thing that has the manbaby in a complete uproar. So that's fun to watch.

Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, a 1996 law that is considered foundational to the internet's expansion. The statute provides platforms legal immunity for content posted by third-party users while also giving them legal cover to make good-faith efforts to moderate their platforms.

If social media were to 'censor', they would likely not have the protections.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500495
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.