Agnostic.com

2 1

Well, it looks like Queen "Wrinkly" Elizabeth isn't going to be very happy for a while.
A decision has been reached and made, AT long Last, to release her letters to Governor General, John Kerr, referring to the sacking of the Whitlam Government.
It seems, and I know for fact, that they were sealed and locked away, post the Sacking debacle, BECAUSE she expressed her ROYAL Desire that they remain " A Permanent Secret and were to considered as being Private and Personal Communications only."
Aw geez, Queen Wrinkly, it looks like the SHIT is about to hit the fan BIG time and you're standing right in range of copping the lot this time.
Too bad, so sad, I'm glad, sucked in.

Triphid 9 May 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do understand about hating the monarchy, but thinking that referring to an 84-year-old as "Wrinkly" is some kind of slam? WTF is wrong with you?

That's 94 years old Anne. Not my description of her, I have no grudge against her personally. I think she is a strong scrupulous woman but I despise everything she stands for and I resent the fact that our country is still tied to the obscenity which is the monarchy. The idea that some people are priviliged (or cursed) purely by virtue of their birth violates everything I believe.

@Cyklone Ahhhhh, then double down on my question!

My reference to 'Wrinkly' was NOT aimed at her age but at the 'Wrinkles' (lurks and perks, etc) that come with being 'Royalty' as per the ages old claim of being 'appointed and annointed by God to hold such an office.'
You can't seriously think/believe that EVERY time a member of the British 'Royal' Family goes visiting another country that THEY pay for everything from THEIR own pockets do you?
The actual TRUTH is that they INVITE themselves, THEN expect the peoples of the country to cover ALL expenses, demands, etc, from the Public Purse of that country.
Why do you think Harry and Co. decided to live in Canada, a Commonwealth (previously known as a Subject Country of the British Empire btw) Country instead of the U.S.A. for example?

@Triphid I have known that for most of my 71 years,and where did any ody even mention it? My comment was Solely on your use of a silly pejorative based on age, duhhhhhh....what is your problem?

@AnneWimsey I don't have any problem/s, but it seems to me that you, imo, may have a few that you need to resolve though.

@Triphid I'm not the one that thinks "wrinkly" is a slam......

@AnneWimsey In my opinion, and my OPINION only, have you ever comsidered adding in the letter 'H" to 'wimsey?'

@Triphid it is actually the last name of my favorite fictional detective from books by Dorothy L. Sayers which I took legally after my divorce, so, no

With any bloody luck more people will be motivated to divorce us from that family of bloody nightmares. Bring on the Republic of Australia.

Hear, hear and the sooner the better as well.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500855
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.