Agnostic.com

33 7

How would you react?

I recently had surgery and my youngest son stayed with his paternal grandparents for 2 nights. his grandma and I had recently discussed cutting his hair.I told her no. in my opinion, it is his hair, so I feel its up 2 him how he wants it. he is 2 and a half. I ask him regularly if he wants hair like brother, which is long, or hair like dad, which is short. so far he always says he wants brothers hair. so thats what he has, long beautiful curls. well while he was with his grandparents, they chose 2 cut his hair. I feel that I can't trust them anymore, now I wonder about when they asked if they could have him baptized, did they go behind my back on that as well? I am trying 2 deal with this in an adult manner. I don't want 2 fight, but at the same time I want 2 make it clear that they don't have a right 2 do whatever they want if its not their kid. so I ask all of you, what would your reaction be?

Byrd 7 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh my word, I would be completey pissed off at them. They underminded your athority, how does that look to the kids. I would say nip that in the but real quick.

I would be ticked and probably be reluctant to leave my child with them.I don't have any kids though and would probably hate to lose a baby sitter

It's bang out of order to do that. I would be really pissed off.

Sue them...they had no right to cut his hair.

@MrLizard It might take a long time to grow back the kids hair.

How does the father feel about it?

the last time we talked, he didn't seem 2 care either way, but he chooses not 2 be a very big part of our sons life, so while I still ask him his opinion on matters involving our son, it is mostly left up 2 me 2 decide

I’d say give them a piece of your mind. It sounds like they’re trying to take advantage. @Byrd

Ignore it.

Hair grows back, ya know.........

i just want 2 say, i appreciate all of ur advise. i have tried talking about it with his grandma, but with little success. i have told her that especially if she doesnt understand that what she did was wrong, we will have 2 start doing supervised visits. i explained that i have no reason 2 believe it won't continue 2 b an issue if she can't see that it wasnt her choice 2 make. she has taken that 2 mean that my son is no longer allowed in her home. i tried 2 let her know that was not the case, but i don't really see this being resolved anytime soon.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

looks like her problem

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50086
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.