Agnostic.com

3 7

LINK THE AMISH (Or Mennonites?) join George Floyd protests and sing Gospel in Minneapolis

They are probably Mennonites. I was around many of them growing up; Amish too.
Tremendous respect for their beliefs. They truly are of the "You do you; I'll do me" variety and seldome (never?) evangilize or try to impose their beliefs on others, be it town, city, or country.

Further, the Amish have a real unique coming of age custom: the Rumspringa. They are given the option to drop all trappings of Amishness, go out in the world, "do yau thang" and then decide if you want to come back into the fold or not.

In short, unlike other forms of Christianity where once you're in, you're in... the Amish go above and beyond to TRULY make it a person choice and not one imposed on you.

TheMiddleWay 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The picked a very safe place, the Stone Arch (pedestrian/bicycle) Bridge over the Mississippi. 🙂

Wowww really big of them.

I love these people.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.