Agnostic.com

11 6

Help me choose a sign for the police brutality protest today.

I'm making a two-sided sign for the George Floyd protest in Wenatchee today. Have three ideas. Choose two:

1. Racism is Your Demon to Kill

2. Brown and Black Lives Matter

3. End Police Brutality. Vote Trump Out.

I love sign #1 because it will cut into Christian's hearts. Number 2 includes racism against Latinos, a huge problem in Eastern WA. Number 3 will be vertically divided.

What do you think?

This is what my signs usually look like. Big and bold with a short message.

LiterateHiker 9 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks like you made the right choice

@Cyklone, @Dyl1983, @BudFrank, @Varn, @Fernapple, @ToakReon, @Tinocca, @Redheadedgammy

Here I'm on my way to join the huge group of protesters across the street. Pulled up my mask before joining the crowd. Everyone wore masks.

Over 300 people held signs and chanted at the George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protest in Wenatchee, WA. Many drivers honked and waved in solidarity.

We listened to two well-spoken, intelligent black speakers. My arms got tired from holding the large poster-board sign overhead for two hours, fighting powerful winds.

You got this!!

@Cyklone, @Dyl1983, @BudFrank, @Varn, @Fernapple, @ToakReon, @Tinocca, @Redheadedgammy

How's this? I like the scary red DEMON.

It took three hours to get one side done. Forgot how long it takes.

I measured and penciled in guidelines, drew each letter with a pencil, carefully outlined each letter with a black felt pen, and then colored in letters with pens. Whew! that's enough for today.

Back hurts from bending over the poster. Hand is cramped. The rally is in less than two hours. Will make the second side another day.

Looks good. Nice steady hand. Hold it up high and proud. I hope it gets a few people thinking.

@Tinocca

Thank you.

From my artist ex-husband, I learned to tighten my wrist when drawing letters, especially curves.

@LiterateHiker I get it. I write up flip charts for training sessions and have to keep the lettering clear and neat. It tires your hand after a while, for sure.

Looks great! Unfortunately most people won’t appreciate all the hard work you put into it

Great job.

Stay safe.

All of them are good. I do like the third one

1 & 3 ~

Varn Level 8 June 1, 2020

One.
To Protect and Serve,
Not Detain And Murder

One. But add. 'Be an angel.' To it, because for some people you have to spell it out. As someone once said. "Not at time or audience, for appealing obliquely to the shared literary heritage."

I would tend to go 1 and 3 myself. I feel the 'Brown and Black Lives Matter' is a message likely to be well covered.

I would choose 1 & 3 out of those options. Good luck and stay safe.

I like all three, however, I think number one and number three on a sign front and back would be terrific!

@Redheadedgammy

Thank you. My daughter, 30, agrees with you. Will go with 1 and 3.

@LiterateHiker ...doesn't your daughter know she’s at the age to no longer be trusted πŸ˜‰

@LiterateHiker Please be sure to post pictures of you and the sign!😘

@Redheadedgammy

I will. Still working on "Racism is Your Demon to Kill." May not have enough time to do the other side.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.