Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Your Black Colleagues May Look Like They’re Okay — Chances Are They’re Not

There’s a tale of two quarantines. Because while some Americans have been consumed by banana bread, others have had to navigate surviving a pandemic in a country they were never actually meant to live in.

HippieChick58 9 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with the headline. We are definitely not okay.

Hhmmm.

Sometimes it's hard to understand racism exists in today's day and age. At other times it's easy. I think because you can see places where black people and all minorities are living very full, happy lives, you think its completely gone. But racism is not a simple thing you can find and easily eliminate. We don't find it in a lot of places now we used to. Maybe now it's even more difficult because it's still there in some places at some times and more difficult to know exactly where. That's probably why you hear people say "what racism? What are you talking about?" You wind up with two different perspectives that can't see each other. Read an article yesterday on Charlamagne and Limbaugh meeting and talking and Limbaugh says said something to the effect of white privilege does not exist. It's like that mentality viewing the problem from two different angles. Also I disagree with a statement written in the above article that says "in a country they were never actually meant to live in." I don't like the wording here and it comes across as offensive and untrue. History says yes a lot of people of African American race were brought here from slavery. But certainly black people are meant to live here, this is a country of immigrants with people living here from every country on the globe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501929
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.