Agnostic.com

2 0

Who needs fracking when you can grow safflower?

Australia produces plant based biodegradable engine lubricating oil from safflower seed

[abc.net.au]

FrayedBear 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember the plant-based ‘biodiesel & ethanol’ craze for ‘alternatives to oil.’ Come to find out, in the USA, the oil required for fertilizer to grow, transport & process the plant material was greater than if it had been turned directly into fuel. Anymore, ‘requiring’ plant-based ethanol is just a government subsidy to our farmers..

Most soils are long depleted and now simply a ‘medium’ in which to secure roots in an area with available water. Fertilizer is key, and on a large scale, hardly available from renewable sources.

Sun, wind, geothermal, perhaps wave ...and advanced battery technology appear the way of the future ~

Varn Level 8 June 7, 2020

Did you bother to read the article?

@FrayedBear Rarely follow links, so no. How far ‘was I off’?

If a poster can’t/ won’t give a quote or brief description of the crux of their inspiration, beyond popup ads and associated garbage from nearly every site … I’ll take my best guess..

@Varn which word amongst "Australia produces plant based biodegradable engine lubricating oil from safflower seed" failed to explain or that you could not understand?
Seriously I am not intersted in reading your assumptions - they arise from you putting an ass before you & me.

@FrayedBear A discussion’s one thing … your shitty attitude’s another - though apparently, few care about either 😉

@Varn Why do you think I should spoon feed your lazy ignorance? If you don't like it you know where to go, I don't need your bs.

@FrayedBear ...wow.. You are screwed up 😀 Hey - match this, you lazy ass - with your own words - like mine - not simply posting a sentence … then letting a link do your thinking ~

"I remember the plant-based ‘biodiesel & ethanol’ craze for ‘alternatives to oil.’ Come to find out, in the USA, the oil required for fertilizer to grow, transport & process the plant material was greater than if it had been turned directly into fuel. Anymore, ‘requiring’ plant-based ethanol is just a government subsidy to our farmers..

Most soils are long depleted and now simply a ‘medium’ in which to secure roots in an area with available water. Fertilizer is key, and on a large scale, hardly available from renewable sources.

Sun, wind, geothermal, perhaps wave ...and advanced battery technology appear the way of the future ~"

Keep it up, Aussies. You and China will dominate renewable energy soon. The Aussies are a bit behind China, but far ahead of the U.S.

In 2019, Australia met its 2020 renewable energy target of 23.5% and 33 terawatt-hours (TWh)

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]

The wind power that has gone in is enormous but I'm told that the network will take 25 years to catch up.

@FrayedBear It's true I assumed you Aussies were ahead of us; I was wrong. 10 nations are dominating the Wind energy scene; Australia's not even in the top 10. Come on, Aussies...

[energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com]

@Robecology these dickheads think coal and nuclear is the answer.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503611
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.