Agnostic.com

6 9

Anderson Cooper Moved To Tears During Interview With Dr. Cornel West About Racial Justice

The headline is not the whole story. Dr. Cornel West gave an impassioned tribute to George Floyd’s family and generations of Black families.

West shared his admiration for Floyd’s family and generations of resilient Black people who embraced love in the face of subjugation and invoked Cooper’s newborn son Wyatt in his call for justice.

“We’ve got a love that the world can’t take away. The world ... may make being Black a crime. But we refuse to get in the gutter, and we gonna go down swinging like Ella Fitzgerald, Muhammad Ali, in the name of love and justice,” West said. “We’re doing it for Brother Wyatt, we’re doing it for my daughter, we’re doing it for the Asians, we’re doing it for the whole world.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes so much love and emotions right now,Lot of peace ful demos going on in Canada ,we have to acknowledge our problem up here also ,not pretend it does not exists ,slavery was a bit common in our country in the 1700,s but not much is ever publishd about it ,British abolished slavery in all its colonys around 1840 ,Besides ethentiys of dark coloure skin and our native population is sometimes abused by the police,lot more brought out in the open now and police are starting to be disciplined immediately for it ,Lets hope this movement never stops until it is ended

Sorry .. I can't watch or read anymore of this stuff.. I'm crying so much! Eek! I've had enough!

Our country is so divided, sadly the people that needed to hear that speech were on another channel.

Unfortunately that is true. They refuse to listen

Great speech!

Compassionate and thoughtful as always

bobwjr Level 10 June 10, 2020

Watched it live last night and saw his tears. He was eloquent -Cornell West.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.