Agnostic.com

8 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think I like the sound of that. I rather have a shot .

If the choice were a shot or pill that nearly instantly cured or radiation, I would also take the pill. If the choice is radiation or death, I might take the radiation, it’s a cost befit analysis and we have to make it. Radiation got a really bad rap because the harms tend to take a while to develop but the benefits happen quickly. Once we were ignorant enough to use significant radiation doses to measure shoe sizes. The leukemia and cancer came much later. Some of us know better now.

I had low dose radiation for acne as a preteen . Now I take thyroid medication so I won't get cancer.

I'd rather have a vaccine... Radiation is dangerous...

Yes, avoiding COVID at all costs is preferred. However, if you have it, this could be a treatment to shorten it and/or improve healing.

Depends on the dosage. Radiation is everywhere.

I was given some low-level radiation by the VA for an unmentionable illness. It’s a good thing we’ve got two of things or I’d be singin’ soprano.

@WilliamFleming yes, it's everywhere... That's why i say its dangerous... I wouldn't more of it....

More data needed

bobwjr Level 10 June 15, 2020

This is exciting news!

If radiation cures inflammation in the lungs I wonder if it would work for other parts of the body. Arthritis maybe?

And one more thing: the reason we have the radiation infrastructure is medical research into cancer. Sometimes you get extra bonuses from science.

Yes it is - widely available and no supply shortage with it. Fingers crossed the studies confirm this

Ohub Level 7 June 15, 2020

I read that article with great interest. It’s an interesting theory, using radiation’s normally bad immunosuppressive effect as a therapeutic agent. I hope that it works out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506265
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.