Agnostic.com

30 11

What does it take to quiet your mind?

Is it easy for you to just sit quietly?

I've often thought I was pretty good at slowing down, but this week has been beautifully peaceful, and I'm realizing the difference. My real life is rather noisy in comparison to a week near an ocean. The first day I sat for three hours, waiting for the sunset, watching surfers, on a mostly empty beach. I can't remember the last time my mind was so quiet. 🙂 That has set the amazing tone for my week, I hope it comes home with me.

Stacey48 8 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Distraction. Whether it's social interaction, chatting online, movies, video games, dating, sex, etc... I have to do things to entertain the front of my mind to forget thoughts. I don't smoke, and I only drink when in company.

I noticed that repetitive tasks, chores, work, studying, and showering do not alleviate thoughts.

Solitude helps. I like to work things out in my mind instead of having others interject in my thoughts.

I try to take a moment at least a few times a day to quiet my mind

@Stacey48 lol. Improvise I guess

Lovely picture and I like what you wrote but aren't you in Phoenix?

Sex and oceans work the best

I write down all the things I have to do on a list and make notations when I will work on them. Then I can go to sleep knowing everything is under control.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.