Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Rayshard Brooks shooting police bodycam footage from Wendy's parking lot - YouTube

Bodycam footage of the incident from the initial cop who replied to the call, from the time he got to Wendy's. For some reason, this cop remained on the ground in the wake of the struggle, so his camera isn't on Brooks and the DUI cop, but the shots can be heard.

I somehow correctly suspected it would be the DUI cop who did the shooting. He just seemed the type.

It surprised me that the DUI cop put Brooks through so much, when Brooks was very obviously impaired. Why not just do the breath test to start with? Maybe someone else has a better idea how drunk people are than I do, but Brooks seemed more confused than I would have expected just from alcohol. I wonder if they did a toxicology panel on Brooks, to see if there was anything else in his system.

As out of it as Brooks was, I think I would have gone straight to the breath test and skipped all the physical coordination tests, then had Brooks taken to a hospital.

bingst 8 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Isn't it unusual to have body cam video released publicly so soon after an incident ?

I think so.

With the exception of the use of lethal force, I think the 'DUI' cop was following all procedures needed to make the legal case for impairment.

It could be that the body cam just 'came-off' of the officer during the 'struggle'.

Yeah, I considered all that just being procedure, but he really seemed to drag it out.

I don't think the cam came off, as you can still hear the cop wearing it. Maybe he was hit by the stun gun.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.