Agnostic.com

36 5

I love music and I am always exploring to find new stuff to listen to. What are some of your favorites songs to listen to? I appreciate all genres, from classical to punk, so don't hesitate to share.

I prefer ones that can be found out Spotify, its easy to create a playlist.

GrumpyCatDad 5 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Public Image Limited... Nick Cave... Tricky... Massive Attack... Portishead... Sonic Youth... Big Black... Just to name a few of my faves...

Love the Cave...

I can’t get enough of 21 Pilots these days.
Here’s my playlist:

Check out our Music Lovers Group.

Who Knows Where the Time Goes, Nina Simone

Close your eyes and enjoy. ~ Katie

Bela Fleck

I love Panic at the Disco. They are coming out with a new album soon and have 2 new singles out that are awesome. Twenty one pilots is also fantastic.

Stevie Ray Vaughn. Jethro Tull. ... lots of stuff

Check out Joss Stone

Dance The Night Away by Van Halen
Rock The Casbah by The Clash
Take 5 by Dave Brubeck
Spookshow Baby by Rob Zombie
Captain Jack by Billy Joel
Trickster by Kidney Thieves
Revolution by The Beatles
I Can Dream About You by Dan Hartman
Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone
I Ran by A Flock Of Seagulls
More Than A Woman by The Bee Gees
Train In Vain by The Clash
London Calling by The Clash
Puttin' On The Ritz by Taco

Just to name a few of my favorites, and quite an odd assortment there I know. Look em' up sometime, and don't forget to dance the night away!

Puttin' On the Ritz - I had not thought of that song for years!

@Palindromeman It's a good one, and you don't hear it often. I think the original version of the song was older than Mickey Mouse, so it goes way back. Good to see someone else who remembers it.

How about alabama shakes? I think thats the name. Or joe bonomussa im pretty sure thats not the correct spelling.

I started listening to Townes Van Zandt again. He's long dead but his music is timeless

I love the Corrs. I especially love their acoustic stuff and instrumentals. My favorite album has to be the Unplugged album that was recorded live by MTV for their Unplugged concert series in 1999. They were backed by the Irish Film Orchestra for the show. I listen to them WAY too much, considering that I refuse to say that I have a favorite band.

[open.spotify.com]

Although 1990s west coast hip hop will alway be my favorite I also like some r&b, oldies but goodies, country western, metal, go go (It's a DC thang) and oldly enough gospel music. I actually like to play gospel while playing grand theft auto for Xbox.

Old but good

This is not new music, but I have been on a Morrissey/The Smiths kick lately.

Check out Dead Cross. Ho99o9 is great, also.

Right now two bands are blowing my mind first one is Novareign from LA pure guitar shred! Check out the tune "Beyond The Cold" 2nd band is a Doom band from the OC Sixes check out the track "Fogbreather" ?

I've been really into Radiohead for the last few years. Also really like Queens of the Stone Age.

Go to youtube search by some simple word and explore. The exercise is limitless and very rewarding knowing you found it on your own.

Yup, that's a great suggestion.... Just be aware, its highly addictive. Once you find stuff you really like then you can dig into apps that will create an mp3 file so you can save it. The legal implications should be fine as long as you're not trying to download everything with intent to do bussines, see what I mean? Enjoy

@IamNobody thank you... being a music nut... my rig soundcard allows me to capture the audio of any video. I mainly do it for an ex-gf that is a dance teacher that way she can as an mp3 slow down the music to the level of her students and for her "wedding first dance" choreography. Amazing what 10 BPM difference can do for the not initiated in dancing. Once again thanks, many could benefit.

Obscure LA new wave... Sparks... they are a bit strange and changed their sound over time. They are at times very fun catchy, danceable but also just alternative. I hope you find something you like in their catalogue

Try “The bees made honey in the Lion’s Skull,” by Earth. It’s a peacfull, heavy metal soundtrack.

@GrumpyCatDad trust me, peacful is the best adjective for this album. I get lost in the bass rifts.

I have been enjoying the Bellrays lately. The lead singer has a nice Soul voice and they combine that with licks of punk rock.

The new album by U.S. Girls called “In a Poem Unlimited” has been in heavy rotation at my place.

Anything by Pink Floyd, especially the album "Division Bell". I also like Rodger Waters solo stuff, Led Zeplin, Deep Purple, joe bonamassa and Rag'n'bone Man. I've also been listening to a bit of "dark country" and Blues Saraceno aswell. Generally i'll listen to most stuff exept boy bands, lol.

I've been listening to classical music for almost 50 years, and just discovered a symphonic piece by Michael Nyman entitled 'MGV.' Loud and fast, my two favorite things in classical music!

N7EIE Level 6 Apr 26, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50659
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.