Agnostic.com

2 3

[smithsonianmag.com]

Why are American food companies retiring black sterotyped icons? An interesting history of Aunt Jemima.

sassygirl3869 9 June 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This might be racist, but I have had food from Black people and if I had a choice I would go eat anything they had to offer. The thought of a Black Woman taking care of me would be like my Mother taking care of me. I respect any person who would give to another what they need. Now, is the label on the bottle of syrup racist, perhaps and if so it should be replaced, but please do not put Karen on the label, that would just make me want to puke. I have sat at the back of the bus with Black people, it was the best place on the bus as it put me into the air at some intersections and it was fun. Back in the 1950s.

I'm going to miss Aunt Jemima though. She always knew how to make money, and never sat in the back of the bus.

TO_BY Level 7 June 19, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.