Agnostic.com

6 10

Not science but a tidbit of history (especially since I couldn't find a more appropriate group).

I found this information quite enlightening.

[m.facebook.com]

Heidi68 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Truth telling by facebook works dozens of people there now know that states operate slave labor factories and chain gangs called prisons including making Victoria SECRET bras & garments for pennies per hour

I remember ''chain gangs'' as a child and I'm thinking they might still exist...in rural areas.

I haven't seen any in the last 20 years but I do remember them from my youth.

I’ve said it before, I will say it again. For many Southerners, they don’t believe they lost the war, they think they signed a ceasefire, like South and North Korea. And the Northern States were so fearful of a backlash that they pretty much abandoned the freed slaves and gave the South free reign to put their black population back into servitude, just couldn’t call them slaves..

I hadn't realized this, except in very broad strokes. Sadly, it's not a surprise. Forms of it still exist today in the way we suppress opportunities for people of color, and the way we make prisoners slaves for a lifetime.

Lauren Level 8 June 19, 2020

Thanks. As I have said in the past. The United States is not and never has been a great country until our institutions treat ALL people in this country equally, and put the health and welfare of ALL of its citizens above the concerns of the corporations and the rich. We have a long way to go to get there, and if we don't, we will not survive as a nation. I do not believe this hyperbole.

Very enlightening

bobwjr Level 10 June 19, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.